» 1 Member(s) | 2049 Guest(s)

[-]
Latest Threads
ZH960 Tablet Bricked
Last Post: luis mar que
2024-03-20 19:52
» Replies: 15
» Views: 9690
User What is the effect of food intake o...
Last Post: fildena150as
2024-03-13 16:37
» Replies: 0
» Views: 23
Thanks, I've been looking for this for a...
Last Post: StevenRip
2024-02-25 05:00
» Views: 17
[SOLVED] Need ROM for ZH960-MB-V4.1
Last Post: ery1988
2024-02-21 08:59
» Views: 77
NEED ROM ZH960-MB-V4.1
Last Post: ery1988
2024-02-21 08:53
» Replies: 18
» Views: 13534
Budget phone choice help needed
Last Post: sabir7272
2024-02-10 06:52
» Replies: 4
» Views: 4184
ZH960-MB-V3.1 SOLVE
Last Post: Pranav1
2023-12-20 20:22
» Replies: 77
» Views: 33576
Need ROM for SONIM XP7S Android 5.1.1
Last Post: Alpa
2023-11-29 22:17
» Views: 70
Need rom for X101 Mt6592
Last Post: carencell
2023-11-24 21:30
» Replies: 3
» Views: 2038
Gizbeat 101: Get your MTK6589 MTK6577 MT...
Last Post: Alexia78
2023-11-13 11:28
» Replies: 8
» Views: 22263
ZH960-MB-V3.1
Last Post: Giankyworld81
2023-11-01 19:35
» Replies: 21
» Views: 15358
Need rom for a tablet with board id "K10...
Last Post: oliver2
2023-10-24 20:23
» Replies: 6
» Views: 5131
How to Connect open public wifi
Last Post: oliverben45
2023-10-24 16:03
» Replies: 11
» Views: 8788
I NEED FILE FOR ITEL MOBILE PHONE AND TO...
Last Post: Meghnad45
2023-10-22 02:38
» Replies: 1
» Views: 1375
NEED Help Bricked my phone.
Last Post: Meghnad45
2023-10-22 02:36
» Views: 4784
Introduction
Last Post: ezrahidaya
2023-10-14 14:38
» Views: 1295
Needs help to root a china tablet brand ...
2023-10-14 14:37
» Views: 166
Any tips to stay awake?
2023-10-14 14:35
» Replies: 6
» Views: 4868
Need ROM for china TAb MT6797
2023-10-14 14:34
» Views: 309
need this stock firmware for my tablet M...
Last Post: ramzii888
2023-10-14 02:20
» Views: 4449
Encryption Unsuccessful - Reset Android
Last Post: Aakriti
2023-10-13 16:51
» Views: 12374
betools
Last Post: egdeim
2023-09-21 12:41
» Views: 5019
[Movie Suggestion] Automata with Antonio...
Last Post: GottaGetX
2023-09-07 09:19
» Views: 4087

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[Custom Recovery] iNew V3 CWM 6.0.4.4 Full Touch
Again, not a bug. I have no clue what iNew was thinking, but this is about as dumb as it gets. Doesn't matter if you factory reset with stock recovery or CWM 5.5 or touch recovery, it will wipe your storage.
Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth
ye, i understand that it might be inew 1.0.4 fault for unifying things or something, but should the wipe data function also have a command to format sdext?
Isn't that the 13GB user data partition? or am i mixing things...?
You like this post
(2014-03-05, 19:39)Burs Wrote:
(2014-03-05, 19:16)Elusivo Wrote: What about the wipe data option also deleting the user content of the internal memory? I used many different cwm in the past and none deleted the user's documents, it should only delete data regarding the rom... Is it because of the 1.0.4 version rom? I remember reading that it joins the partitions or whatever it is, i don't understand what it means...

That might just be it. Since /data partition and phone storage partition are unified into one partition (on your firmware version), wiping data (and that doesn't mean rom data like you said, rather it's the whole data partition) will wipe phone storage too, because CWM wiping algorithm is obviously not smart enough to distinguish your data apart from the rest of the data. A good lesson for the next time. And for me too...

i think's it's true
but honestly i don't see difficults
just my opinion: having a whole big partition is useful for install a large number of apps, without needing to "move them to SD"...
to backup/restore apps and their data we can use Titanium

concerning the WIPE: well, even in other device (like Samsung) the function "wipe data" is mainly a Factory Reset and erase all you have on the device (yes, personal data, added after first usage) except the MICRO-SD (really external)
so i think that's enough to save there personal data (downloads, photos, files, ecc...)

the rom-data you talk about probably are in the \system...but there is the OS...if you erase it you won't be able to start your phone
Ok, so wipe data means delete everything except boot and system? (I had a Samsung galaxy note for example and in cwm, I used dozens of different roms, and not even once I had the internal user files deleted, I don't even understand what's the point of such a function that deletes user documents existing (they can be deleted with a file browser in the android is without root...)... personal files don't interfere with the rom, the only thing that should be touched in the user partition is the .androidsecure folder, I didn't think this cwm would be different)

So in this cwm is there any option to just delete data and cache partition (a rom factory reset without losing personal files stored in the internal 13GB user partition, pictures, etc.) or it can't be done because of the 1.0.4 rom? I know can go to mounts and format the partitions I want, I didn't try it yet there to see if formatting just data with this rom also formats the user files...

Btw, sidenote, I also tried doing a factory reset from the android OS. On other phones that i have done, it always asks if the user wants the to delete personal files too, but in this rom it doesn't ask that and deleted the entire contents of the phone's internal memory (except boot and system ofc), which is crazy. I hope newer roms dun have this feature too...
From my understanding, the android os recognizes and separates the internal user files partition from the rom's internal data partition (for example, connecting the phone to computer u get 2 drives, the sdcard and the phone's internal user memory), so dunno why it also doesn't separate them when doing the rom factory reset and leave user files alone...
(2014-03-05, 20:03)Gizbeat Wrote: Again, not a bug. I have no clue what iNew was thinking, but this is about as dumb as it gets. Doesn't matter if you factory reset with stock recovery or CWM 5.5 or touch recovery, it will wipe your storage.

hi,
i'm on "new" 1.0.1 (2014/02/25 build)...i uploaded it and posted in a sticky thread
i've succeeded rooting it
but i have difficulties accessing recovery
with "volumeUp+power" combination i can't enter.
what's the matter in your opinion?

i plan to install a CWM, but first i want to be sure nothing is wrong with recovery process
i even thought for some strange case recovery wasn't inserted in the rom, but then i checked the backup i made and it's there.
After: Touch-No Touch...honestly i prefer the second one but i saw the available one it's older than the other...any plan to get one up-to-dated?

thanks in advance

(2014-03-16, 19:04)Elusivo Wrote: Ok, so wipe data means delete everything except boot and system? (I had a Samsung galaxy note for example and in cwm, I used dozens of different roms, and not even once I had the internal user files deleted, I don't even understand what's the point of such a function that deletes user documents existing (they can be deleted with a file browser in the android is without root...)... personal files don't interfere with the rom, the only thing that should be touched in the user partition is the .androidsecure folder, I didn't think this cwm would be different)
like Burs said a simple CWM wipe command is not smart to distinguish a file from another...all are files
i think the only chance would be to work on mount folders.
consider that a FACTORY RESET purpose is just to give back the original condition of the device.
Just to be sure: you say you have used dozens of roms with your samsung via cwm...but i wonder if you wiped every time or just flashed over the previous without wiping data?

(2014-03-16, 19:04)Elusivo Wrote: So in this cwm is there any option to just delete data and cache partition (a rom factory reset without losing personal files stored in the internal 13GB user partition, pictures, etc.) or it can't be done because of the 1.0.4 rom? I know can go to mounts and format the partitions I want, I didn't try it yet there to see if formatting just data with this rom also formats the user files...
like before...i don't think having 2 partitions would save your data in caso FACTORY RESET
but only a try would give us the answer

(2014-03-16, 19:04)Elusivo Wrote: From my understanding, the android os recognizes and separates the internal user files partition from the rom's internal data partition (for example, connecting the phone to computer u get 2 drives, the sdcard and the phone's internal user memory), so dunno why it also doesn't separate them when doing the rom factory reset and leave user files alone...
what you call "internal user files partition" is indeed the PHONE MEMORY.
instead, the INTERNAL MEMORY is the partition where apk and app-data are installed, until you move them to sd (only for app-data)
connecting to pc, you will never be able to see the Internal Memory like mass-storage
so that's why i think is more useful to have a larger data partition on the phone (for apps and other...) and a real external MICRO-SD for user files (that will never be formatted)

it's only my opinion, and i hear all your different suggestions to learn more and more
(2014-03-16, 19:17)den10 Wrote: hi,
i'm on "new" 1.0.1 (2014/02/25 build)...i uploaded it and posted in a sticky thread
i've succeeded rooting it
but i have difficulties accessing recovery
with "volumeUp+power" combination i can't enter.
what's the matter in your opinion?

i plan to install a CWM, but first i want to be sure nothing is wrong with recovery process
i even thought for some strange case recovery wasn't inserted in the rom, but then i checked the backup i made and it's there.
After: Touch-No Touch...honestly i prefer the second one but i saw the available one it's older than the other...any plan to get one up-to-dated?

You can use mobileuncle tools to install or to reboot to recovery.
Place your recovery file in the sd card and chose from the menu to install it.
Alternatively you can chose from the menu again to boot into recovery.
Also you can use gravity box to install that option into Power Off menu (when you press the power button you will have an option to reboot into recovery)
You and den10 like this post
@den10 : I also have one of the "new" V3 models (Firmware "inew_v3e_v1.0.1" instead of "cxq_..." WCDMA 2000 / WCDMA 900 / camera 12 MP with F2.0).
Entering into stock recovery with "volumeUp+power" works on my device by pressing and holding these two buttons for about 5secs.

Did you already install this new CWM 6.0.4.4 full touch recovery image on your device and if yes, did you flash it via your PC or by using Mobile uncle tools directly on the device?
You like this post
(2014-03-16, 19:17)den10 Wrote:
(2014-03-16, 19:04)Elusivo Wrote: Ok, so wipe data means delete everything except boot and system? (I had a Samsung galaxy note for example and in cwm, I used dozens of different roms, and not even once I had the internal user files deleted, I don't even understand what's the point of such a function that deletes user documents existing (they can be deleted with a file browser in the android is without root...)... personal files don't interfere with the rom, the only thing that should be touched in the user partition is the .androidsecure folder, I didn't think this cwm would be different)

Just to be sure: you say you have used dozens of roms with your samsung via cwm...but i wonder if you wiped every time or just flashed over the previous without wiping data.
Samsung, dell, zte, etc, none of them, with different cwms installed ever deleted the phone's internal user storage (by that I mean pictures, etc. not apks or their data) ... and yes, I always use cwm to first wipe and only after install new rom, never flash over previous rom, and that includes wiping system and boot when necessary.
(2014-03-16, 19:04)Elusivo Wrote: So in this cwm is there any option to just delete data and cache partition (a rom factory reset without losing personal files stored in the internal 13GB user partition, pictures, etc.) or it can't be done because of the 1.0.4 rom? I know can go to mounts and format the partitions I want, I didn't try it yet there to see if formatting just data with this rom also formats the user files...

like before...i don't think having 2 partitions would save your data in caso FACTORY RESET
but only a try would give us the answer
If there are 2 partitions it's just a case of not issuing the command to format the user storage... thats why I was saying this cwm is buggy.
Factory reset is to revert the rom to initial state, not to delete user documents such as pictures etc, that's why it also doesn't format the sdcard.
(2014-03-16, 19:04)Elusivo Wrote: From my understanding, the android os recognizes and separates the internal user files partition from the rom's internal data partition (for example, connecting the phone to computer u get 2 drives, the sdcard and the phone's internal user memory), so dunno why it also doesn't separate them when doing the rom factory reset and leave user files alone...

what you call "internal user files partition" is indeed the PHONE MEMORY.
instead, the INTERNAL MEMORY is the partition where apk and app-data are installed, until you move them to sd (only for app-data)
connecting to pc, you will never be able to see the Internal Memory like mass-storage
so that's why i think is more useful to have a larger data partition on the phone (for apps and other...) and a real external MICRO-SD for user files (that will never be formatted)

it's only my opinion, and i hear all your different suggestions to learn more and more
What I mean by "internal user files partition" -> internal=phone memory (excluding sdcard) user files partition=the no root user accessible storage area, for pictures etc (again, excluding sdcard), that's why i been asking if this cwm deleting the user storage too is because of the 1.0.4 rom only or if it's normal behavior for all Inew roms.

I did notice the phone user storage doesn't show up on the PC which might be because of the partition unification, tho switching to mtp it does show both the sdcard and the phone storage.

Anyway, it's not normal for example to have 10GB of pictures and other personal files deleted by cwm or android's OS reset (without option to keep user files) when u only want to delete rom related files... and if it's inew's fault and not cwm then that was really a stupid move by inew and an obvious wrong one, this would be something done out on modded roms, not official ones (if it is oficial ...)
(2014-03-16, 23:34)erik.s Wrote: @den10 : I also have one of the "new" V3 models (Firmware "inew_v3e_v1.0.1" instead of "cxq_..." WCDMA 2000 / WCDMA 900 / camera 12 MP with F2.0).
Entering into stock recovery with "volumeUp+power" works on my device by pressing and holding these two buttons for about 5secs.

Did you already install this new CWM 6.0.4.4 full touch recovery image on your device and if yes, did you flash it via your PC or by using Mobile uncle tools directly on the device?

ok, after a few times i succeed
i've just installed CWM 6.0.4.4 full touch by using MobileUncleTools
a very simple way

but i notice it can't mount correctly the sdcard
so, right now, no way to browse for zip to install

i've to check better...
(2014-03-17, 01:35)den10 Wrote:
(2014-03-16, 23:34)erik.s Wrote: @den10 : I also have one of the "new" V3 models (Firmware "inew_v3e_v1.0.1" instead of "cxq_..." WCDMA 2000 / WCDMA 900 / camera 12 MP with F2.0).

ok, after a few times i succeed
i've just installed CWM 6.0.4.4 full touch by using MobileUncleTools
a very simple way

but i notice it can't mount correctly the sdcard
so, right now, no way to browse for zip to install

i've to check better...

hi, you finally have flashed the CWM without bugs?

I want CWM to install gravitybox and pureperformance. I really want to have CWM for backups and restores/wipes Big Grin

i have the latest base band inew too.

Thank you.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [ROM] need inew m3 firmware 0 2,686 2017-11-16, 22:59
Last Post:
  iNew V3 v1.0.4 (13Gb) + CWM Touch + Root (Sft) GeekGirl 22 29,876 2015-11-18, 21:56
Last Post: 2mad4
  help inew v3 plus v04 won`t start jazzel08 4 5,115 2015-09-21, 07:45
Last Post: jazzel08
  [ROM] iNew has just released CXQ_V3A_INEW_V11. Can anybody translate this update message? Exeleration-G 1 5,069 2015-08-03, 00:19
Last Post: cookiedough
  [Review] iNew V3 Plus stock rom V09 (CXQ_V3A_INEW_V09) Exeleration-G 1 10,419 2015-07-13, 21:03
Last Post: Chips35