I have just got the unfortunate experience of the internal battery swelling. Wondering if any of the d6000 users are experiencing the same issue.
Probably this is a result from overcharging the internal battery. My normal practice is to charge the phone after the external battery is drained out and the internal battery is left at 98 or 97%. Which is what i suspect to cause the battery to swell.
Hopefully this doesnt happen to any of u guys. Take care when charging your batteries. I will attempt to dismantle the phone and try to take out the internal battery if possible. Dont think there is any innos service centres in my country.
UPDATE: Returned home to dismantle phone. Took out the internal battery and upon closer look and feel. It seems that the hard casing of the battery is still in shape and that the swelling comes from the packaging wrapped around the battery.
Not taking any chances, i took out the internal battery and now my phone is running on external only. Meanwhile i will try to see if the internal battery can be saved. Anyone knows how to let the air out? It is safe to do so?
Hard to say without taking the packaging off and seeing what it looks like inside. First thing that comes to mind, is why would the package be puffing out hard enough to make the hard plastic of the phone swell so you'd notice it? Meaning to say, it is probably something internal in the battery forcing that swelling.
I don't thing it's necessarily dangerous, but keep it away from anything flammable for sure.
Didnt manage to find any ways that can save the battery. No sites selling the replacement either. Found out that the phone will not start up when you connect the cable to charge if using the external battery only. It will keep displaying the charging icon.
For now i'm taking out the plastic back cover to compensate for the swell and using the silicone cover for the back. Lucky for me the swelling is not that big. The phone is good IMO but maybe the 2 batteries idea is not really practical.
I have two innos d6000 with swollen internal batteries. It feels like an air pocket, but i am afraid to poke it and see. Does anyone have the courage to try this?
Otherwise, the only recourse is to send the phone for repair or ask for small compensation from gearbest