www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: MTK6582 identity crisis!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a DooGee Titans2 DG700.

I managed to flash to Lollipop with SP_MultiPort_FlashTool. DooGee factory Version 15

I got an OTA update notice to R16. Goes through the motions of updating but will not change from R15.

When I tried to flash it to R16 with SP_MultiPort_FlashTool the PC wouldn't recognize the MTK6582. Installed/uninstalled different MTK driver packages.

The 700 is now identified as 'Linux File-CD Gadget'.

It retains this identity on Win764Bit, LinuxMint Dual Boot as well as 2 other Laptops I have access to.
Are you still on a working version of R15, or are you stuck in soft loop?
You will need to switch the PreLoader with this:

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Look in Device Manager
Plug in your phone
When the incorrect device shows up, right-click and manually update the driver. Then direct it to the driver I linked above.

If you're on Windows 8, you'll need to disable driver signing first.
To WaddaWaste-
I am on a working version of R15. Wireless update indicates that update to R16 is required.

To modestMouse -
I plug in with Device Manager open First Scan indicates DG700 requiring drivers
Automatic Second Scan " ADB interface drivers req.
Third Scan Nothing
Fourth Scan Linux Gadget
Fifth Scan and thereafter Linux Gadget in Disk Drives
I uninstall the different devices with USBDeview, and the same thing happens again and again. Just trying to get it to stay still long enough to change drivers is nearly impossible.
When I do 'driver installed successfully error 10 failed to start'.

I ordered a DG800 about 3 weeks before the DG700 came out. I wasn't too happy with the apparent durability of the first so I bought the DG700. Still got the 800 so I have used it as a Guinea Pig - not to Lollipop just reflashing.
The 800 is recognized by the device manager as Linux Valencia DG800 USB Device.
Shouldn't that mean that the MTK6582 preloader driver is already installed?

PS: I am in Australia so Time Zones will probably muck us around
It doesn't need to stay engaged for the entire driver install, just long enough to right click and select update/change.

Are you saying it doesn't stay long enough to right click and select update/change?
I can right click and get to properties. As I go to update driver and manually search the PC does another scan and tells me that it already has the correct driver installed - Linux Gadget.
I get a window Titans2_DG700. Driver details can be selected, update is grayed out and not selectable. As I watch the window calls the phone a mass storage device and the driver update window highlights. 'The correct driver is installed USBSTORYS.SYS