www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: [Book] The Martian by Andy Weir
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wow, no off topic posts since January? Ummm... But 600 users online... WTH? Surely we have more interests than phones?

Okay, I'll give it a shot and try and liven up this bunch... Anybody heard of this book The Martian by Andy Weir? It's great... So great, that it's already being made into a movie starring Matt Damon to be released end of 2015.

Book trailer:

Full audio book unabridged on YouTube

Book reviews on Goodreads
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Injecting culture. I dig it.

I've never before seen a book trailer. That was way cool. Unfortunately, most of my reading is kept to non-fiction so I have no experience in the genre. Are you in the middle of reading it or have you finished?
Finished it already. Relatively quick read. Tons of science in it. Real, now type science - not futuristic transporter warp speed science. You might consider portions of it non-fiction in that respect.
@"cookiedough" I'm already preparing to be let down by the movie :|
@"WuddaWaste" if you're up for a change of pace, try it! There's a lot of nerdiness in it, it's awesome Big Grin I'm halfway through it, impatiently waiting for lunch breaks so I can get back to reading.
It's not a greatest-literary-piece-of-work type of book, but it's definitely entertaining.