www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: borked ulefone u692
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello all looking for a little help. having just received my ulefone u692 (might be a u692 copy, do these exist?) was trying to install CWM using mtkuncle, messed something up so i downloaded the stock firmware from needrom, flashed it and had a garbled screen. downloaded another stock rom, now i just have a black sreen. the touch screen is reponding and i can hear sounds but it is just black.

also the sticker on the front of the screen when i got it said 1920x1080 resolution . i thought the u692 phone was 1280x720.

so do i have a fakey or is the latest u692 a higher resolution? either way does anyone know where i can get a stock rom for it?

thanks
The u692 is a Samsung clone. This is an OEM type phone, so you will also see it advertised as Star etc...There are several possibilities here. Does it even say Ulefone on it anywhere? It really could be any phone with a Ulefone back cover, or wherever the ROM came from could be from a phone that isn't the exact same OEM.

Borked? Drool
The sticker under the battery just says u692.

But the sticker on the front when I got it states the screen resolution as 1920*1080 where as Ulefone u962 always states 1280*720.

So how can I find a ROM for it
It's very unlikely it's 1080p. Especially with these OEM devices, they'll just put whatever sticker's available or whatever looks okay.

So it doesn't say Ulefone anywhere. Then it's just a generic u692. Some shops just attach a brand to help sell it. Could even be this isn't even the original u692, some factory may have just labelled it that to help sell it.

There's nothing that really can be done except keep trying various ROM.
How can I try other ROMs. Won't be blocked because of wrong hardware?
Well you're already soft bricked. Just flash the ROMs, but try to do without flashing preloader.
OK. Thanks. What if the preloaded I already have is not right?
Yes, this can be a problem also. I'm sorry can't help you further because there are many scenarios of what the problem can be.
so i have tried many roms for many phones, all the ones that "work" have the same results. touch screen responds, i can hear sounds when interacting with the phone, back light comes on or off if i push sleep button but screen just remains black!!!

so frustrating. any other advice.
So I can install ROMs but see nothing but black screen. If I flashed a pretty rooted ROM could I find out over USB what LCD it has?