www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Which 5.5" phone for good display.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am looking to purchase a smartphone with a screen size of 5.5". I am a keen photographer and belong to several camera forums. I am looking for a very good display as close as possible to that on the samsung S4 mini. It will also be used as a music player so good sound would be a bonus. Games and apps pretty much don't interest me. The phone must fit in a shirt pocket and budget to about $200 Australian, around 180 US. If you could recommend a phone or phones I would be grateful.

Thanks, Hal
Any other needs regarding power? If you can come down to 5.0, I'd recommend the Elephone P3000 series. P3000 MT6582 if you don't need tons of juice (My main mobile is MT6582), or P3000 MT6732 P3000S MT6752 if you need more juice.
http://www.gizbeat.com/7369/elephone-p30...5821gb8gb/

The P7000 might be worth waiting for too.
http://www.chinaphonearena.com/forum/sho...?tid=10092
Would prefer to stick with 5.5", which I've seen on one of the Samsung phones and was duly impressed by. A big part of the phones use will be to display photos on the camera forums I belong to, hence the biggest shirt pocketable size the better. I'll be using this at work a lot, I'm a cleaner, so reasonably rugged construction is also a factor.

Hal
Both the phone's in @Gizbeat 's second post are 5.5". They can be bought on pre-sale now for under $200 USD, but still a touch out of your budget.
http://www.chinaphonearena.com/forum/sho...?tid=10266

My Mlais M52 Red Note has a similar display. 5.5" with 720p and it looks pretty darn good. Unfortunately, I'm having a few issues with my particular M52, so I'm hesitant to recommend it -- especially until Mlais does their official lollipop release.

Similarly, 720p on the Doogee DG550 and Ulefone Be Pro I gave to my dad or the iNew V8 I bought for a friend looks pretty fantastic. They're all budget phones that can be had for around $150 USD. In that range, though, I'd still probably go Mlais or Elephone in their latest 5.5" offerings.
[Thanks, Elephone has a new model, the P7000 either just out or coming very soon that apparently has a brilliant display they describe as "beyond retina". I'm tempted to hold out briefly till details on that one get clearer, US $159 is supposed to be the retail on it, How good Elephones are on audio though I have no idea.

Hal55
Hi have recently bought a Iocean M6752! Amazing 5.5" inch display. You would not believe the quality of it.
(2015-05-02, 20:38)hal55 Wrote: [ -> ][Thanks, Elephone has a new model, the P7000 either just out or coming very soon that apparently has a brilliant display they describe as "beyond retina". I'm tempted to hold out briefly till details on that one get clearer, US $159 is supposed to be the retail on it, How good Elephones are on audio though I have no idea.

Hal55

As far as I know retail price of Elephone P7000 is around $230

$159 is only for some lucky ones