www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: MKT8389 mini7 (aka xPad X7, aka Aipad lte, aka Star H7000+?)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everybody,

I recently bought the mini7 from focalprice, and was able to root it using the same tool used for the No.1 P7.

I was noticing some applications weren't available for the device on Google Play store, and decided to try changing the build.prop to use product.model=Nexus 7 and product.brand=google.... big mistake. When I rebooted, the tablet was in the android animated boot logo and would never end.

If I hold the power+volUP button, I get the dead android icon with "No Command" displaying on the screen. It looks like I might be in recovery mode. If I hit a few buttons, eventually the install zip/adb sideload/etc come up. I tried using the ADB commands, however it doesn't look like I am able to use this method.

I was wondering if someone can post their mini7's build.prop file. I am planning on making an update.zip file to flash it instead of using adb, since I can't get adb to work properly.

I actually made a backup of it prior to my changes, but I copied to to /sdcard (which it actually should have been /sdcard1). I don't want to open up the unit to get the internal sdcard if I don't have to...

On another note, excellent phablet! Very fast, good data speeds and very good build quality.

Purchased from here:
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
If you can boot into recovery and/or you're getting the dead Android, that's excellent news.

Have you tried [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]. You can flash it, or download it and extract the build.prop
Thanks Gizbeat. I haven't tried that rom yet.. I wanted to try the flashing of the build.prop so I wouldn't have to redo all my settings. How do you extract the build.prop out of a rom without flashing it?

One other concern I have is that the details on needrom indicate it is a 6589, whereas this is an MTK8389. (I believe they're pretty much the same)

(2013-07-18, 00:55)Gizbeat Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]. You can flash it, or download it and extract the build.prop

On another note, I found this:
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

This looks like one from the MTK8389.

(2013-07-18, 08:29)eddiey Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]. You can flash it, or download it and extract the build.prop
What is the best way to extract the boot.prop from the system.img file? I've tried a few tutorials, but none seem to be able to open the system.img (Tried mounting in Linux, as well as a few ext4 file explorer tools).