www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Faulty Update for Cubot X9
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Today my Cubot X9 prompted me to update the system firmware(it was a small update, around 13MB, said it was some bugfixes or something) and after the update it boots straight to recovery... I was rooted prior to the update but I didn't install a custom recovery. On its stock one it says this:
Android system recovery <3e>
CUBOT_4271C_Z61W5_V11
and then the usual Volume down to move, Volume up to select, etc, etc...
How the hell do I fix this? By flashing the stock rom? Thanks.
have you tried resetting on recovery. (wipe data/factory reset)
(2015-05-06, 23:29)zardaman Wrote: [ -> ]have you tried resetting on recovery. (wipe data/factory reset)

Yep, still boots straight to recovery...
Hi Shucky !

To install a custom recovery on your device ... at first, install MTK Droid Tool and follow step by step the video-tutorial below. And then, try to do a Factory Reset (Wipe Cache and Wipe Dalvik /Art Cache at first) :

Download the next official firmware and use it with MTK Droid Tool video-tutorial :

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

:-)
(2015-05-07, 05:23)Cleopatra Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Yeah, MTK Droid doesn't recognize the phone at all, I have the drivers installed and everything but it won't recognize it, it's like it's not even connected...
Please ... May you post here a screenshot of your Windows Device Manager ?
I'm just curious to see if the ADB driver is installed.
Thanks in advance.

(2015-05-07, 21:28)Cleopatra Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
BTW, MTK recognizes my old Samsung Galaxy Mini and its root shell just fine if that helps...
Forget Samsung usb driver because it's another thing (I've rooted a Samsung few weeks ago with a root exe ... and I have had to install different usb driver). I Can't see any ADB driver into your screenshot. Try to install the next driver package :

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Please keep me up to date about it :-)
(2015-05-07, 21:54)Cleopatra Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Please keep me up to date about it :-)

Installed the drivers, still doesn't recognize the phone... Is there any chance that I can flash the rom with the stock recovery from an sd card?
BTW, thanks a lot for the help! Smiling
Please post me another screenshot of your Win Device Manager.
I wish to see if the ADB driver is proper installed.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6