www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Phone Wakelock - Google Backup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone else noticed that Google's "Backup my data" causes some pretty gnarly wakelocks?

I'm running on my Mlais M52, stock Lollipop ROM. Granted, it's a little buggy, so I'm wondering if anyone else has had this experience.

Every once in a while GSam Battery Monitor will show that I've got a huge amount of battery (~20%-35%) just going to holding the phone awake. Rebooting usually solves the problem.

Googling around a little bit has shown throughout time, some people have problems with Settings > Backup and Reset > "Backup my data" is checked to be on.

Any idea what exactly Google is backing up and why it can hold the phone hostage like that for so long? Has anyone else had this experience?
Have you solved this yet, man?
Negative. It's not something I'm actively working on since it's intermittent and I'm on a beta ROM anyway.

@Cleopatra recommended I back up using third party software and disable the Google backup service. A good idea if anyone else is having this problem.
Hi Wudda :-)

Exactly ... I prefer to make a full backup with Philz Touch (into my microSD) every month ... and every month I make a backup of my contacts in vcf format (using "Wondershare MobileGo" and "MyPhoneExplorer") ... I know that it's a tedious method ... but I never trusted about Google backup.
I have a similar experience with the playstore service.

I have a THL T100s which worked perfectly for nearly a year until the proximity sensor ceased to work.
I did a factory reset to be sure it was a hardware failure (I used the stock rom). Indeed it was and after replacing the sensor it worked again but of course I needed to reinstall all of my apps from my titanium backup. No problem there, however, playstore and its services were installed again from google and after a short while started to raise the wakelocks to 60-70% leaving me without battery within a day.

So I installed a custom rom from needrom to be able to have xposed (which doesn't work with the stock rom) and wakelock terminator. So far the phone behaves good giving me over two days of life with wakelocks below 1%.

b.tw. I'm on 4.2.2 and I've read about quite some people having similar problems.

You might be interested in this app: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] which I think is a very nice taskkiller/monitor.
Hi mirandam !

"Powerdog Android Taskmanager" is an interesting apk ... thanks for your suggestion.
I wish to tell you something ... maybe that has nothing to do with it ... but on 03-18-2015 I have posted :

"Sometimes it happens that after flashing custom ROMs the batteries rapidly draining. The battery indicator in the status/notification bar is a reflection of the batterystats.bin file in the data/system/ directory. Everytime that you flash a custom ROM, it's recommended to recalibrate the battery, otherwise you might experienced an accelerated battery drain. The accelerated drain is caused by the battery stats file that get wrong about the capacity/charge of the battery. To solve this problem, you can install an apk to recalibrate the battery of your device ( for example the apk called "Battery Calibration" or "Advanced Battery Calibrator" ) ".

:-)
@Cleopatra Thank you for the info (although it was already known to me), but if you read my post right you would have seen that the battery drain didn't come from reflashing, it occured after reinstalling google apps with the same stock rom.