www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: [Zenfone 2] OTA Update links how to update ROM Zenfone 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2015-06-15, 21:38)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-15, 21:31)prc.kailas Wrote: [ -> ]yo !! my ZenFone 2 551ml now runs on 2.13.40.13 can i update only with the "2.15.40.13 -> 2.17.40.12" (90mb) or i just to start upgrade from 2.14.40.19 onwards ? plese help

Your phone is on original stock ROM now? It's not auto-downloading OTA?

You should update one by one. 2.13.40.13 > 2.14.40.19 > 2.15.40.10.... etc...

If you don't mind being rooted and your phone isn't automatically doing OTA, you might want to just download the latest rooted ROM and flash that. It will be a bigger download, but will save you the headache of having to download and install a ton of OTA.

ok then I will do update one by one....after updating to latest. I will root. and if i update like this will my phone ends in bootloop . can I do wireless update just normal ? any chance to get 5.1 update ? thanks for the support
(2015-06-15, 21:53)prc.kailas Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-15, 21:38)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-15, 21:31)prc.kailas Wrote: [ -> ]yo !! my ZenFone 2 551ml now runs on 2.13.40.13 can i update only with the "2.15.40.13 -> 2.17.40.12" (90mb) or i just to start upgrade from 2.14.40.19 onwards ? plese help

Your phone is on original stock ROM now? It's not auto-downloading OTA?

If you don't mind being rooted and your phone isn't automatically doing OTA, you might want to just download the latest rooted ROM and flash that. It will be a bigger download, but will save you the headache of having to download and install a ton of OTA.

yeah am getting the updates. but not rooted. ok then I will do update one by one....after updating to latest. I will root. any chance to get 5.1 update ? thanks for the support

Yes, they are working on 5.1 now. I think should be ready within a month.

Note that if you root with the quick root, or flash the rooted ROMs, you may have issues with automatic OTA. Some people are having issues even if they unroot. So just be aware about that.

Actually if you use the latest pre-rooted ROM, then *don't* update the SuperSU binary, you will still be able to apply the OTA through recovery. That's the way I recommend. You can see the other thread to download the pre-rooted ROMs. Just don't update SuperSU.
(2015-06-15, 22:16)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-15, 21:53)prc.kailas Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-15, 21:38)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]Your phone is on original stock ROM now? It's not auto-downloading OTA?

yeah am getting the updates. but not rooted. ok then I will do update one by one....after updating to latest. I will root. any chance to get 5.1 update ? thanks for the support

Yes, they are working on 5.1 now. I think should be ready within a month.

Note that if you root with the quick root, or flash the rooted ROMs, you may have issues with automatic OTA. Some people are having issues even if they unroot. So just be aware about that.

Actually if you use the latest pre-rooted ROM, then *don't* update the SuperSU binary, you will still be able to apply the OTA through recovery. That's the way I recommend. You can see the other thread to download the pre-rooted ROMs. Just don't update SuperSU.
sir one more doubt please . if 5.1 relesed can i jump stright from 2.13.40.13 to latest 5.1 ? its a new rom right ...thanks
This is a good question. It's not sure yet how they will handle it.

I'm not clear, are you receiving the updates through Android? or downloading the updates? If you don't need root and are receiving the OTA updates automatically through Android, just do it that way. They have made a lot of changes and fixes to the ROM since the version you're on.
(2015-06-15, 23:03)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]This is a good question. It's not sure yet how they will handle it.

I'm not clear, are you receiving the updates through Android? or downloading the updates? If you don't need root and are receiving the OTA updates automatically through Android, just do it that way. They have made a lot of changes and fixes to the ROM since the version you're on.

yeah got ota wireless update. but the problem is with ma wifi router its dead so I couldn't update over wifi. 3g cost more. planning to update by downloading ora's and will root after installing fin update. thanks
sorry if i sound ignorant but what is the benefit of converting from ml to ww? better features or more stable ?
(2015-08-19, 10:54)mastalee Wrote: [ -> ]sorry if i sound ignorant but what is the benefit of converting from ml to ww? better features or more stable ?

It will still be ML... This is changing it from CN to WW. The ROM has Play Store, multilanguage, more typical Android.
Pages: 1 2