www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: [Zenfone 2] Quick root Asus Zenfone 2 CWM custom recovery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Recently released is the custom CWM recovery for Asus Zenfone 2 ZE551ML & ZE550ML.

This is a temporary CWM with the primary purpose of injecting SuperSU onto your Asus Zenfone 2. It doesn't permanently replace recovery. This process looks long, but really is bam 1,2,3 done. Just laid out step by step for the newbie.
  1. [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
  2. Unzip the package
  3. Copy SuperSU.zip to the base of your SD card
  4. Enable USB debugging (Settings > Phone info > Tap build 7x > Back button > Developer options > USB debugging)
  5. Attach your phone to PC via USB
  6. Run 'cai_dat_CWM.bat'
  7. In the black command window that opens, type ACCEPT
  8. Type T4
  9. Phone will reboot into fastboot and you'll see commands being issued from the PC cmd window copying the temporary recovery
  10. You may see some funked up images on your display for a bit. Remove the USB cable and within 30 seconds should then see it booted into CWM
  11. Select install update
  12. Navigate to SuperSU.zip and install

Bam, done.
Has anyone tried to root it with Kingroot? I'm not skilled in such things and successfully rooted my Padfone X with Kingroot after trying many other One Click solutions.
Is Padfone X on Lollipop? Its a very different beast than JB and KK. Though I wouldn't rule out the quick roots exploiting it sooner or later.

This tutorial very easy, man. Just one step at a time. You'll be done in 5 or less.
It's on KK. I don't intend to root my Zenfone 2 since the only thing I miss right now is Viper4Android which I can live without. Other functions such as freezing apps, moving to sd, auto start etc are already there. Just wanted to find out if anyone had tried. How about you unrooting yours and trying it Damian? :-)
(2015-05-21, 23:05)Twotems Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Of course with CWM it becomes possible. And in the future it may be exploited somehow with the one-clicks.
Hi
Are there any drivers to installed before this procedure or the pc will detect the phone without the drivers? Thanks.
hello ther do as well as after installing the asus logo just loading t dosent open plz help my second asus i unlocked it and the white screen only apear withe asus not lodaing no nothing just white scrren plz help