www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: cant reroot Elephone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
new here so first, 'hi' to all.

i have an Elephone P3000S 3GB x64bit. it received an OTA yesterday which removed root. i have tried to re-root the phone using Kingoroot and iRoot, both of which say they have succeeded, but actually haven't according to root checker. i tried Root Genius and Framaroot as well but so far not had any joy. Elephone told me this morning in email that root would be automatic after the update but that isn't correct. i have told them that but so far have been ignored. anyone have any idea how to reroot this phone, please?

many TIA

well, talk about making you eat your words. after failing to e-root my phone after the OTA update yesterday and asking a friend who has loads more experience and knowledge on Android stuff than i and failing miserably, i just tried it again. for whatever reason, when performing the re-root the phone told me it was downloading some updates but didn't tell me what. i am assuming that something else has come out from the makers because this time, root was achieved. i had to reinstall SuperSU even though it was already installed but all is good again.
if anyone happens to discover what was suddenly available for update to make this work after so many failed attempts, i would like to know.
Hi Prettygrim !

The OTA (over-the-air) updates sometimes remove root access, forcing you to root again your device.
SuperSU has an option called “Survival mode” to preserve the root privilege; you should enable this option. This requires SuperSU Pro (the paid version of SuperSU).

:-)
hi and many tnx for the info, Cleopatra. i wasn't aware of that in SuperSU. i will have a look and enable it if i find it.

i am still curious as to what happened to allow me to achieve root after all the fails, so would still welcome any info if anyone finds out.

many tnx