www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Micromax q355 custom recovery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
I recently rooted my micromax q355 using kingroot app, I need a custom recovery for my phone like a cwm or twrp, i tried to make one using mtk droid tools but it shows error no split image!
So someone can help me out with this please
Details of my phone
Maker:micromax
Model:q355
Android version: 5.0
Kernel version: 3.10.54+
Chipset: mtk-mt6582
Boot and recovery partition size: 16.0 mb each
I can upload my boot.img and recovery.img if needed
Thanks
Hi icui4cu !

Follow step by step (carefully) the tutorial below (use your boot.img) :

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

:-)
thanks for the reply
downloaded and tried the tool
installs a recovery but when i boot into the recovery i see nothing but lines, phone doesnt boot afterwards!!!!!!!
fixed after flshing stock boot,recovery,uboot.bin in spflash tool any solution or any other method?????

(2015-06-08, 18:08)Cleopatra Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

thanks i downloaded and tried followed all instructions the tool ports and installs the recovery, but when i go into recovery mode all i see is lines and nothing else no screens no menu or options and after that the phone doesnt boot!! to fix i had to flash all stock boot,recovery and uboot.bin via sp flash tool!, so is there any other method or fix for this??
Gosh !

Try to reinstall Philz ... but in the step that says "Press NO (manual)" instead "Press YES (AUTO)".

:-(
(2015-06-08, 18:08)Cleopatra Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

ok will try and report :-D >Big Grin< :-h
If also pressing "YES-->AUTO" it will doesn't works ... it means that your device is incompatible with Philz. And then, you will have to download the next firmware and flash it with SP Flash Tool :

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

(2015-06-08, 21:27)Cleopatra Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

still no luck also tried deleting
system/ installrecoveryboot.p
and system/etc/install recovery.sh
cant install must try compiling from source Sad
You are very unlucky ... many members have installed Philz on their devices with success.
Flash the firmware that I've posted in my last post (remember to remove the check mark in PRELOADER).

Dear icui4cu,

thank you very much to have given me a +rep ... but I don't deserve it because I was not able to help you to install Philz. However, I could suggest you to try to install CWM recovery with MTK Droid Tools ... the CWM recovery (installed with MTK Droid Tools) is less powerful than Philz (it's not usable by tapping on the touchscreen ... you will have to use the physical volume buttons to move up and down ... and the power button to confirm) ... but it is better than nothing.