www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Root Mlais M7 / nothing happens in SP flash tool
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm trying to root my Mlais M7 with SP flash tool but not much is happening. This is what I did:

1. Selected the right Scatter-loading file in SP flash tool
2. Pressed 'Download'
3. Attached the phone without battery then quickly placed the battery (also tried attaching it with the battery and pressing the volume rocker/power button)
4. Nothing happens

When I disconnect the phone I get this error in SP flash tool: BROM ERROR: S_BROM_CMD_STARTCMD_FAIL (2005), [BROM] Can not pass bootrom start command! Possibly target power up too early

When I connect the phone I see the 'MediaTek PreLoader USB VCOM Port (COM5)' driver is correctly installed in device manager. It disappears after 2 seconds. When I have SP flash tool running it doesn't disappear.

Anyone got an idea how to get this working?

Crazy Crazy Crazy Crazy Crazy Crazy Crazy Crazy Crazy
Hi anonty, please see the rooting tools forum [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Try all auto root tools available. I suggest start with iroot.
If all tools fail, follow this tutorial [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Hi Trenzalore, thanks for your suggestions.

I tried Root Genius, vRoot, iRoot, Framaroot and Kingo Root but nothing works Sad
That's because you're on Lollipop with MT67. The one-clicks won't work currently. Need a custom recovery and inject through recovery, as Trenzalore mentioned in her reply.

What were you hoping to accomplish by just loading a scatter and pressing download? Did you have a custom recovery? Which version SPF are you using?