www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: [Mlais M7] How to root MT6752 Mlais M7 | CWM Carliv
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm unable to root my gionee elife s7 android 5.0 based on mt6752. Please help me to root it.
Dear friend hi,
followed your steps successfully , flashed CWM recovery, moved SUPERSU.ZIP to sdcard & flashed it through recovery, made Clear Cache/Dalvik Cache but when phone reboots & SuperSu Pro installed asks for SU Binary installation... Both options selected ( Normal / CWM-TWRP ) Fail to install...

Any recommendations ? Thank you in advance !!
When exiting TWRP, did it ask you if you want to root? If yes, and you tapped "yes", then reinstall SuperSU.zip and tap "no".

Have you run root checker?
(2015-08-12, 17:43)cookiedough Wrote: [ -> ]When exiting TWRP, did it ask you if you want to root? If yes, and you tapped "yes", then reinstall SuperSU.zip and tap "no".

Have you run root checker?

Dear friend, thank you for responding.
You wrote " when exiting TWRP" but I guess you mean CWM. Anyway when exiting CWM it doesn't ask the above
" if want to root " .. So the problem still remains.
SuperSu Pro appears in apps & when open asks for SU Binary update installation... Then asks what recovery do I use , ( Normal / CWM-TWRP ). Both options selected but it Fails all the times. Tried also to reinstall SuperSU.zip through recovery.

Dear friend, thank you for responding.
You wrote " when exiting TWRP" but I guess you mean CWM. Anyway when exiting CWM it doesn't ask the above
" if want to root " .. So the problem still remains.
SuperSu Pro appears in apps & when open asks for SU Binary update installation... Then asks what recovery do I use , ( Normal / CWM-TWRP ). Both options selected but it Fails all the times. Tried also to reinstall SuperSU.zip through recovery.
Have you run root checker? What's the result?

Have you tried copying a file into /system?

Your phone is Mlais M7?
1.run check with root checker & result is '' fail to gain root access '',
2. didn't try to copy file into system as I don't know the right way to do it
3. Yes friend, my device is Mlais M7

thank you in advance
(2015-08-12, 22:22)mlab Wrote: [ -> ]1.run check with root checker & result is '' fail to gain root access '',
2. didn't try to copy file into system as I don't know the right way to do it
3. Yes friend, my device is Mlais M7

thank you in advance
If the root checker is failing, then copying a file into /system won't work either.

I tested this on my M7 and it worked fine, however there's been an OTA update since this custom recovery was released. It's possible that changes to the ROM were made which now makes this recovery obsolete (a new recovery needs to be built from the new boot.img).

I'm just making a guess though. Can't guarantee this is the reason.

Did you do the OTA update?
right now my phone wears MLAIS_M&_20150717 so I guess this is the final one.
anyway thank you for all the info, I'll wait till a new OTA or Rom update comes up.
its disappointed though.
Hello Gizbeat.
Thanks for the information, but does it work for the Mlais M7 Plus that have MT6753 ?
(2015-10-30, 17:13)eljano Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Pages: 1 2