www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Meizu MX4 from Ubuntu to Flyme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys, i have a brother in china....he have installed 2 os on Meizu MX4 Ubuntu version :
-ubuntu
-Flyme

He give me an method for test it on International version but we aren't really convinced that it works..look at those photos
I can't help out with an answer here, but do be careful with Meizu mods. Couple people have effectively hard bricked when screwing around (search the forum for meizu threads).
(2015-06-26, 00:32)cookiedough Wrote: [ -> ]I can't help out with an answer here, but do be careful with Meizu mods. Couple people have effectively hard bricked when screwing around (search the forum for meizu threads).

I will share the files but no one is interested. Meizu delete all image 4.0 (.2 or .4) on the sites and the guys who tested the methods they have achieved results with the firmware 4.0.2A or 4.0.4A. I care this is the way...Downgrade to 4.0.2 flash recovery.img of ubuntu and recovery Ubuntu Touch from terminal.

(2015-06-26, 00:44)Naphtha Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-26, 00:32)cookiedough Wrote: [ -> ]I can't help out with an answer here, but do be careful with Meizu mods. Couple people have effectively hard bricked when screwing around (search the forum for meizu threads).

I will share the files but no one is interested. Meizu delete all image 4.0 (.2 or .4) on the sites and the guys who tested the methods they have achieved results with the firmware 4.0.2A or 4.0.4A. I care this is the way...Downgrade to 4.0.2 flash recovery.img of ubuntu and recovery Ubuntu Touch from terminal.

Another point:

The version of Meizu MX4 Chinese can't flash the Flyme I (nternational) version, in this case the guys can flash all the kind of flyme version but only 4.0.2 or 4.0.4. This makes me believe that those sold are unlocked as European ones (for this Meizu delete the firmware from "flyme.con/en".
Hello Naphtha,

I just got one of the European ones, MX4 Ubuntu Edition and I would like to try that method to install both OSs on the phone. Could you please provide me with the files and the method?

Thanks,