www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: [Update] Ulefone Be Power review first look
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
According to new information, the next in the Ulefone lineup will be a mega batteried phone christened Ulefone Be Power. Based on the image here, the name seems to fit the phone, with the battery taking up a huge portion of the rear surface area.

Little else is know about the Ulefone Be Power, but we will update you as news comes along.
They've got to compete with the other phones that have giant batteries now. My x550 really does have amazing battery life.
Maybe Ulefone will put a working headphone jack and power button in this one.
(2015-07-03, 23:58)NAHubbard Wrote: [ -> ]They've got to compete with the other phones that have giant batteries now. My x550 really does have amazing battery life.

I've considered the Bluboo x550. What's your opinion of the x550 other than battery life?
(2015-07-04, 00:28)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-07-03, 23:58)NAHubbard Wrote: [ -> ]They've got to compete with the other phones that have giant batteries now. My x550 really does have amazing battery life.

I've considered the Bluboo x550. What's your opinion of the x550 other than battery life?

Bluboo x550:

The 3G frequencies are 850/900/2100, even though I (and others) asked specifically if 850/900/1900/2100 was correct on the gearbest page (it listed it both ways originally) and they assured us it was. They have now updated the specs and removed the 1900 frequency.

The camera is not up to modern standards. The still camera I could maybe live with, but for no reason that I can explain, it will only record video at 864x480. This doesn't make sense to me when it will also take 4160x3120 still photos.

It does not seem to have any sensors to speak of - no compass. I have no issues with the GPS, but others have reported that it doesn't like to lock on. There is no glonass like the specs mentioned, but my phone locks on to 5-7 gps satellites when I tested it.

The screen is 1280x720 like stated and looks very good, but it does not like to go very dark - at night it is just too bright for me. Messing with miravision settings sort of helps a little.

The SD card slot was working for me fine the first day, but started unmounting the card on day two. I tried messing with it, even adding a couple layers of tape to force the card to contact better which worked for a few hours, but by day three I'd removed the card and gave up - it is not the card (tried 3) but rather the poor way the slot is made, relying on pressure from the case and flimsy metal card slot to hold the card down. A few others on XDA noticed the same thing.
(2015-07-04, 10:05)NAHubbard Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-07-04, 00:28)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]

Bluboo x550:

The 3G frequencies are 850/900/2100, even though I (and others) asked specifically if 850/900/1900/2100 was correct on the gearbest page (it listed it both ways originally) and they assured us it was. They have now updated the specs and removed the 1900 frequency.

The camera is not up to modern standards. The still camera I could maybe live with, but for no reason that I can explain, it will only record video at 864x480. This doesn't make sense to me when it will also take 4160x3120 still photos.

It does not seem to have any sensors to speak of - no compass. I have no issues with the GPS, but others have reported that it doesn't like to lock on. There is no glonass like the specs mentioned, but my phone locks on to 5-7 gps satellites when I tested it.

The screen is 1280x720 like stated and looks very good, but it does not like to go very dark - at night it is just too bright for me. Messing with miravision settings sort of helps a little.

The SD card slot was working for me fine the first day, but started unmounting the card on day two. I tried messing with it, even adding a couple layers of tape to force the card to contact better which worked for a few hours, but by day three I'd removed the card and gave up - it is not the ccard (tried 3) but rather the poor way the slot is made, relying on pressure from the case and flimsy metal card slot to hold the card down. A few others on another forum noticed the same thing.

Thanks for your review, man. Sounds like several issues with the phone.

Bluboo has informed me they'll be making a new version of the phone (the main reason cited was people complaining about the processor).

I've passed this thread to them to take a look at. Not that it will do any good... But we can hope, yes? Regards.
(2015-07-04, 11:35)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for your review, man. Sounds like several issues with the phone.

Bluboo has informed me they'll be making a new version of the phone (the main reason cited was people complaining about the processor).

I've passed this thread to them to take a look at. Not that it will do any good... But we can hope, yes? Regards.

The phone's processor is fast enough for me. I don't notice it having any issues slowing down anyway. It is odd that they installed a 32bit version of lollipop on this 64bit phone. I've read that the benchmarks aren't so hot, but I'd hate to sacrifice the battery life for better benchmarks.