www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Unable to Root Vivo X5 Pro
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am using a Vivo X5 Pro but the lack of Google Play Store is frustrating so I have been looking for a way to root my phone. None of the one-click root software worked.

Model: Vivo X5Pro D
Processor: MT6752
Android Version: 5.0
Software Version: PD1421D_A_1.14.10
Kernel Version: 3.10.61+

The phone uses Vivo's own recovery and doesn't seem to have su in /system/bin. I am not sure if the bootloader is locked or not. I have a copy of the official ROM at the following link.
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Any assistance and guidance is very much appreciated.
One-clicks not working with the newer SOC and Lollipop. Need to flash CWM and install su through recovery.
(2015-07-04, 12:08)Bacon_Puffs Wrote: [ -> ]One-clicks not working with the newer SOC and Lollipop. Need to flash CWM and install su through recovery.

Is it possible to compile a custom CWM and flash it over the Vivo recovery?
Yes, it is normally possible, but I'm not sure about vivo. It shouldn't be a problem if you have correct scatter and such.
(2015-07-04, 13:31)Bacon_Puffs Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, it is normally possible, but I'm not sure about vivo. It shouldn't be a problem if you have correct scatter and such.

How do I extract a correct scatter? MTK Droid Tools doesn't seem to work for MT6752 devices yet.
You said u have official ROM, so that should have the scatter.
(2015-07-05, 01:31)cookiedough Wrote: [ -> ]You said u have official ROM, so that should have the scatter.

Indeed, I made a comparison on the scatter that I downloaded and the one in the ROM. The format is completely different. I have attached the scatter.txt from the official ROM.
Any idea how to adapt my scatter file to the correct format?
Hello Guys
I have Vivo X5Pro
I have lost my recovery
Does anybody know where I can find stock recovery.img ?
Thnx