www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: s4 clone 3g problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone.I have been searching for a solution formy problem for months but never found any.My problem is that my phone cannot connect to 3g internet , i checked my apns , they are all right , only edge is working (wap).when I go to the network settings and then mobile network , I try to change the network mode to GSM/WDCMA mode or WDCMA only mode but it just won't do it , it automatically goes back to gsm mode.I opened mtk engeneering mode and went to the band mode settings , I find that only the gsm mode ( EGSM900 , GSM850) are checked , under it there is UMTS mode which contains the WDCMA but it has a grey color and I cannot tick it.I also tried to change the modem.img file located in system/etc/firmware butit it won't let me as it says that the settingsare read onlymy modem.img file name is :modem_1_2g_n.img ( which aprooves what I'm saying 2g edge only)I also tried to fool around with the Maui meta 3g toolbut that was beyond my knowledge , it says that target load doesn't support 3g somthing like that.Does my phone really support 3g ? I mean if there are settings It means that it does , and I don't think that it has only 2g because it's an s4 clone , Ithink that the problem is in the modem.img file , please help me , I really need this , I would have worked with edge only but for my carrier it onlysupports the 0.facebook , and I need internet on my phone.I hope I have provided enough information. I will provide screen shotsif needed.Thank youin advance.
If your UMTS is grayed out, it doesn't support 3g. Many cheap clones only have 2g.
is it a hardware problem or software issue?
Hardware.