www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Ulefone Be Touch 2 vs Umi Iron
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

in the past days I was wondering if I should go with Elephone P8000 or Ulefone Be Touch 2.

Everything was for Ulefone Be Touch2, but then I saw Umi Iron.

Umi haven't fingerprint ID, but has front camera with 8mpx (vs 5mpx, btw. who knows if more means better on these phones) with front camera LED diod. And have some awesome features in next update (in July). And it have something called "rootjoy".

So, which should I take?
I wouldn't worry about 5mp or 8mp front camera. This means virtually nothing. Fingerprint feature is okay, but I wouldn't choose a phone based on that either.

Just going based on brand name, I'd go with the Umi, but Ulefone makes good phones too, and i like the style of Ulefone Be Touch better.

Neither the Ulefone Be Touch 2 or Elephone P8000 have reviews for them yet. Generally Ulefone and Umi make good phones, and Elephone has a terrible track record. But who knows, maybe the p8000 is good.
I agree with Cookiedough above regarding Ulefone vs Elephone. I have always wanted to like Elephone, but they keep producing "B+" worthy products. My experience with the last Ulefone was so positive that I replaced it with another one.

I have no experience with UMI, but their RootJoy tool seems promising. It appears to be a user-friendly version of Flash Tool to easily swap between their custom ROMs. It's cool because it not only simplifies the process for UMI owners, but it looks like UMI is taking the steps toward support/encourage developers to make their own ROMs. In that regard, it seems very cool.

As for the feature set, I really dig what the UMI Iron seems to be packing. 5MP vs 8MP may not be a big deal. However, the hype of having the 8MP camera AND claiming biometric identification by eyeball scanning.... now THAT sounds cool! It also sounds like they may have actually invested in the front camera a bit. Of course, this may be a farce and, honestly, I don't trust this technology to necessarily be useful or anything.... but having a solid selfie cam is always a good thing.

Beyond that, the other thing really like about the UMI Iron is the on-screen buttons. No clunky capacitive-touch buttons.

So, if it were up to me, I'd be really happy with either phone and BOTH phones are kind of gambles.... but I'd personally gamble on the UMI Iron. Not because I think it's less of a risk, but just because I dig the style.

Great find, man. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. Thumbs Up

Addendum: Poo. It looks like the UMI Iron doesn't have 850 MHz GSM (2G) coverage, so I can't use it in the USA. Hope you live elsewhere in the world, mate. Big Grin
Thank you for your thoughts. It is still few days to first sell off of the Umi Iron (another + is that it is made from metal, not plastics).

If anyone else have any thoughts, I'll be happy to hear it.

WuddaWaste: Yup, I'm from Europe, so it should work here, even the LTE. Big Grin