www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: can't root clone MT6572 M7...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi everyone.

I came here looking for some advice.

I have got a Lenovo Alps M7 model MT6572 based phone, with Android 4.4.2, with the specifications:

Hardware : MT6572
Model : M7
Build number : A10E_AX_CHT_S7_MTH_V02_10042015
Build date UTC : 20150410-100306
Android v : 4.4.2
Baseband v: MOLY.WR8.W1315.MD.WG.MP.V36.P3, 2015/01/08 16:13
Kernel v : 3.4.67 (user@wchuanming) (gcc version 4.7 (GCC) ) #1 SMP

Anyways, I'm looking for a way to root it. I've managed to backup the ROM but when I use MTK Droid Tools (2.5.3) on my boot.img image to insert CWM on it, I get the same error as other people here:

--->>> Connect to device <<<---
--- ERROR :No find KernelGZ
--- ERROR :No Split Boot Image

And I can't seem to find any pointers on this. Yes, I've tried running MTK Droid Tools as an administrator.

What can I do to fix it? Is there a way to do this manually on Linux? Perhaps mounting the boot.img filesystem and modifying it directly in Linux?

Thanks in advance for your help.

I've attached my boot.img and factory recovery to see if someone wants to take a look at it.

Scatter file:
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Stock boot image:
ahh, sorry. I replied in the other thread.
Have you tried using the auto root tools? You can find all of them here [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Try iroot (vroot) for PC first. I think that works best with KitKat OS.

I downloaded your files but the boot image wasn't attached.
I haven't tried doing it using Linux, when I get the time, I can try to look into it. For now, I can try building with Droid Tools like you're doing. Not too sure I will get better results than you, though :|
I'll check back here for your boot.img
(2015-07-16, 22:08)Athos Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Try iroot (vroot) for PC first. I think that works best with KitKat OS.

I downloaded your files but the boot image wasn't attached.
I haven't tried doing it using Linux, when I get the time, I can try to look into it. For now, I can try building with Droid Tools like you're doing. Not too sure I will get better results than you, though :|
I'll check back here for your boot.img

I have already tried the auto-root tools you proposed but without any luck...

Please check now the boot image , it should work now

Thank you in advance!
I'm only getting the stock recovery image, no boot image. Is it in the same link?
(2015-07-17, 01:25)Athos Wrote: [ -> ]I'm only getting the stock recovery image, no boot image. Is it in the same link?

yes i renamed that myself.It actually is the boot.img
Ah, wait a sec. Sorry, I'm getting a bit confused. Has it always been the boot.img file renamed as recovery? Or was it really the recovery file at first? Umm, could you upload both of them? Thanks!
Of course,excuse me for the mess

Boot image:

Factory non-modified recovery:
Sorry, I can't get this to work either. Have you tried other tools for creating custom recoveries?
See this thread [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] Let us know how that goes. good luck!
(2015-07-18, 02:58)Athos Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] Let us know how that goes. good luck!

Thank you a lot! I was able to create a custom recovery image and to flash it via SP flash tool to the device.Now i can boot in custom recovery, but i have not root access yet even when i flashing the supersu through recovery.What i am doing wrong?
was installation via recovery successful? Have you updated binaries from the SuperSU app itself?
Pages: 1 2