www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Mlais MX58 PRO
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello to all. sorry but I use a translator because I'm an Italian medium / low level.

I just bought the excellent Mlail MX58 PRO to which I have also ROOT.

now I want to install a custom ROM 4.2.2, you know if there is something for Mlais?

thanks to all, and happy Sunday.
There is firmware that claims to be 4.2.2, but nothing genuine that I know of.
(2013-07-29, 23:52)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]There is firmware that claims to be 4.2.2, but nothing genuine that I know of.

I tried to install the official update, even installing the driver for USB-VCOM, the mlais disconnects after 2 seconds. how come?
(2013-07-31, 06:14)destiny64 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-07-29, 23:52)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]There is firmware that claims to be 4.2.2, but nothing genuine that I know of.

I tried to install the official update, even installing the driver for USB-VCOM, the mlais disconnects after 2 seconds. how come?

it is normal
I had read a lot of article about this situation.
Finally I had figure out why?

the usb cable come with the china phone, they are not really good.
when u plug in the phone without the battery. then the MTK chip need the power to activate the chip, so the power is being supplied tru the cable by the computer.
so u tried to connect tru some extension hub, it is even worse, the computer don't even recognize the device, it may recognise it as MT65XX only

Go n try to get USB cable from a branded phone, u will see the difference.

but u can see the mtk driver for 1,2 sec. that is ok. because when u flash with the computer, when there is data start to move, then the power is stronger, that is why u still can flash tru that low quality cable.

Ok back yo yr point.
u have to hit the button "download" first, then connect the phone(without the battery) to the computer.

Alternative way to flash a rom
since u have rooted yr phone,
it is easier to flash rom tru recovery method

1 - download the recovery for yr phone. n get the recovery.img and copy it to yr phone SD card

2- in yr phone, go to play store to download "Mobileuncle tool", run the mobile uncle, hit the "recover update" , then choose the recovery.img that u just copied to the sd card.

reboot.

then u have a CWM recovery, from there u can flash any rom that fit yr phoe.

Note : I don't advise u to flash tru cable flash, unless the rom was read back by the latest version of SP flash tool
Did you have to do anything unusual to root it? Mlais MX58 Pro should be a differently branded H920+... Android (edit: sometimes..?) recognizes it as the same device.

Asking because I haven't had success so far with my H920+.
all fixed. successful update with the original cable.
was wrong launch the program in administrator mode.

thanks friends
I meant to mention administrator mode, but got caught up in some other things. Glad you figured it out. Thanks for reporting back.