www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: MT6735P Can't seem to Root, and can't find a UK/EU Rom.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, Im a new to MTK and have no idea what im looking for. I've rooted 'legit' phones/tabs a few times but I've never touched a china device 'till now.

I've tried soo many rooting methods.. KingRoot, GeniusRoot, oneclick, StumpRoot, MTK Droid Tools, Framaroot + more all unsuccessful Sad

I tried using X-ray but when I try to scan it force closes. So no luck there.

I also have a 64GB emmc and I wasn't sure if flashing was a wise idea as I don't want to loose that. (I dunno how easy it would be to get that back lol)

I have working adb drivers and PDAnet installed.

Also, I have absolutely NO IDEA what rom to download. I assume I need something MT6735 compatible and I can't seem to find any.

When I tried rooting in MTK Droid Tools I got something about PIE? A security feature?

Here's what MTK Droid Tools says about my phone:

Hardware : MT6735P
Model : SM-G920F
Build number : LRX22G.G920FXXU1AOCZ
Build date UTC : 20150707-054815
Android v : 5.0.2
Baseband v: MOLY.LR9.W1444.MD.LWTG.CMCC.MP.V10, 2015/06/03 17:36
Kernel v : 3.10.65 (user4@user4) (gcc version 4.9.x-google 20140827 (mtk-20150409) (GCC) ) #1 SMP Tue Jul 7 14:02:55 CST 2015

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance!
Anyone? ANY help is seriously unbelievably appreciated. I've been at this for days and I refuse to start 'Using' my phone properly (Organised etc) 'till I don't need to flash it.
Do you happen to know the real manufacturer or the model of the phone? The model number you have is probably spoofed, as it looks like you bought a copy of the Samsung Galaxy S6.
Quite possibly it's a HDC S6 clone: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] for one with the same build and baseband.
Omg yes, thank you! Any info on how to go about rooting it? Cause like I said I'm rather unsuccessful :\ thanks again
Don't know if it is rootable. Phone seems to run lolipop 5.0 so your best shot would be finding a supersu.zip for lolipop and integrating that into the system.img (best way to do that is with linux pc). This avoids the need for a custom recovery which isn't always possible. You can find more info on how to integrate supersu into system just by googling.
I have had success with rootng 3 different MT6735 phones: Bluboo X550, iNew L4 and VK6050s.

All you need to use is the King Root apk (not the pc based tool). That will root it.
(2015-08-07, 23:10)stapo101 Wrote: [ -> ]I have had success with rootng 3 different MT6735 phones: Bluboo X550, iNew L4 and VK6050s.

All you need to use is the King Root apk (not the pc based tool). That will root it.

Got the same issue, none of rooting apps is working, not even kingroot