www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: 1GB vs. 2GB RAM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I hear a lot of people mention this as a reason not to buy any of the cheap MTK T phones with FHD screens, but does it really matter so much to have 2GB RAM? I'm skeptical.

I've seen a pair of video comparisons between the US version of Samsung S3 and the HTC Evo LTE, which have the same SoCs with different RAM amounts, and there was virtually no difference in performance. Will post them again later.
(2013-08-01, 19:35)Rdmkr Wrote: [ -> ]I hear a lot of people mention this as a reason not to buy any of the cheap MTK T phones with FHD screens, but does it really matter so much to have 2GB RAM? I'm skeptical.

I've seen a pair of video comparisons between the US version of Samsung S3 and the HTC Evo LTE, which have the same SoCs with different RAM amounts, and there was virtually no difference in performance. Will post them again later.

there is no difference in performance.

but if you wanna have 15 games on your phone w/100MB cache each, 1GB is too small.

To me 1GB is fine.
(2013-08-01, 23:06)Maine_Coon11 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-08-01, 19:35)Rdmkr Wrote: [ -> ]I hear a lot of people mention this as a reason not to buy any of the cheap MTK T phones with FHD screens, but does it really matter so much to have 2GB RAM? I'm skeptical.

there is no difference in performance.

but if you wanna have 15 games on your phone w/100MB cache each, 1GB is too small.

To me 1GB is fine.

maybe the maincoon is confuse the ram with the storage. the applications cache be is stored on the phone storages like the sd or emmc, not the RAM.

1gb okay, it it just allows how much are in the ram at one time. maybe you open the big game. if with 1gb ram, most your other apps fall from the ram, when you run apps again will must wait couple seconds for the load. maybe if 2gb ram, that would not be happening as much because have the space for all in ram. also possible the web page fall out of ram if looking a page and then open several other apps then coming back to the browser will wait couple seconds to load the page from disk cache instead the instant if the page still in the ram.
I don't know what am I confusing, but I take your word for it Smiling

I've seen 512K RAM phones performing flawlessly w/limited amount of apps installed/loaded.