www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Anywhere to get iNew L4 original ROM?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I updated my iNew L4 with the official OTA, now I'm in a bootloop. I contacted iNew they don't seem to want to help and tell me to wait for firmware release, thats in about 6 months. Anyone have a backup with correct scatter file who is willing to upload?
Were you rooted when you did the OTA? This will often cause a bootloop. Have you tried factory reset?
(2015-08-03, 21:30)Ninja^F.U.B.A.R. Wrote: [ -> ]Were you rooted when you did the OTA? This will often cause a bootloop. Have you tried factory reset?

I removed root, busybox, factory reset and finally re-locked bootloader. Then downloaded the OTA update. Bootloop after that.
Removing root and busybox etc... does not necessarily mean you'll avoid a bootloop. OTA are such tricky packages and often even the tiniest mod to system will soft brick you.

Are others experiencing the same problem?

I assume you've tried factory reset...
(2015-08-04, 00:31)cookiedough Wrote: [ -> ]Removing root and busybox etc... does not necessarily mean you'll avoid a bootloop. OTA are such tricky packages and often even the tiniest mod to system will soft brick you.

Yes did a factory reset, the whole nine yards. If iNew would release the factory firmware like most OEM do, then I could clear this up quick. They basically told to go for a swim when I contacted them.
(2015-08-04, 08:02)shawnchalfant Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-04, 00:31)cookiedough Wrote: [ -> ]Removing root and busybox etc... does not necessarily mean you'll avoid a bootloop. OTA are such tricky packages and often even the tiniest mod to system will soft brick you.

Yes did a factory reset, the whole nine yards. If iNew would release the factory firmware like most OEM do, then I could clear this up quick. They basically told to go for a swim when I contacted them.

Fairly standard for most China companies. Many of these phones the brand often doesn't even have the firmware. The phones are made at various factories and just branded by iNew.
I just recently faced the Bootloop issue on iNew L4.