www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: MTK Droid tools says zero space left on device
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have tried almost everything to backup my new A936 with MTK Droid tools. I used the newest version right down to the oldest version and nothing works. It keeps saying "no space left on device" I formatted my SD card so there is a whole blank 64 GB SD card and that did not work. I did a factory reset and took everything possible off of the internal memory, still did not work. Finally I copied all of the files on the phone to another disk on my computer.

I would really like to do a rom copy using anything but preferably MTK Droid tools.
Maybe it's my phone but at this point I am puzzeled. I have used this method on my other phones and it always worked find so I am not sure what is wrong.

Please help

Thanks

boblx2
Is it attempting to make the backup and stops in the middle with the error?

Are you sure you don't have a clone? Many many Lenovo clones out there with faked storage.

Also, there's a stock ROM available here: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Which version are you on? If there's a stock ROM available for your phone, no need to worry about backup other than NVRAM possibly.
(2015-08-11, 01:47)cookiedough Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Which version are you on? If there's a stock ROM available for your phone, no need to worry about backup other than NVRAM possibly.

It attempts to make a backup but when it gives that error it no longer actually does the backup. The backup that it makes has no files in the folders. I am at my wits end as to why it says I have no space.

I Have used many versions, old to newest with the same result.

I do not know how to tell a clone from a real one. I bought it on Ebay through Paypal I doubt they would try to pass off a clone there. IF you have a way to tell if I have a clone can you inform me? I have run all of the tools on it and none of them indicated it was a clone. they are: CPU-Z, Antutu, CPU Identifier, and Mobile Uncle.

Yes I have that rom but not sure if it is the 1 GB or the 2GB so I would be afraid to use it unless I brick the phone or something. I unfortunately have the 1 GB. I ordered the 2 GB but this is what I got and I have discussions going on now about that. This phone appears to be very fast since I am not a gamer it does what I want it to do and I did get a good price on it.

Thanks for your help

boblx2
MTK Droid Tool doesn't support MT6752... Look at this tool:
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

And this tutorial for manual backup:

Also, 1GB or 2GB shouldn't make a difference as long as everything else is the same (camera, display, soc etc...), so that ROM should be okay, but you're smart to make your own backup just in case.
(2015-08-12, 00:18)Bacon_Puffs Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Also, 1GB or 2GB shouldn't make a difference as long as everything else is the same (camera, display, soc etc...), so that ROM should be okay, but you're smart to make your own backup just in case.

Okay thanks for the information. I have that rom from Needrom so that makes me feel better about backups.

This new tool does not seem to support MTK 6572 though. When I try to do a backup with it the tool goes into "not responding" mode and stays there until I kill it with Task Manager. It does however seem to work on my MTK6582.

Thanks again

boblx
(2015-08-13, 00:43)boblx2 Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Okay thanks for the information. I have that rom from Needrom so that makes me feel better about backups.

This new tool does not seem to support MTK 6572 though. When I try to do a backup with it the tool goes into "not responding" mode and stays there until I kill it with Task Manager. It does however seem to work on my MTK6582.

Thanks again

boblxYou mean MT6752... Yes? According to specs, a936 is mt6752, not mt6572. The tool I pointed you to is for mt6752.

Make sure you're allowing all notifications on your phone, USB debugging enabled etc.. and read through the thread.

Also, the 2nd link I gave you was wrong... See this link for manual backup: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]