www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Imei number missing on HDC Galaxy S4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

Recently I just bought HDC Galaxy S4 (info based on CPU Identifier). The problem occur when I do factory data reset and the IMEI is missing just like that. Anyone can guide me how to recover/ re write the IMEI number?

Thanks in advance Big Grin
in short enter engineer mode (for most phones - *#*#3646633#*#*) go to connectivity - CDS Information - Radio Information Choose sim slot you need IMEI to wright At then - "AT+" line add : EGMR = 1,7,"YOUR_IMEI_NUMBER_HERE"

i wasn't able to get into engineer mode until i didn't root my phone.

just a little further information: i am rooted, and it is mt6589 quad core. i am guessing my best option would be to figure out how to do a custom recovery and try to find an alternative rom and/or kernel?

do they even exist? i don't have enough posts to get into some of the threads here.
did you try
*#06# from the dialer?
No need to root your phone for engineer mode.

If you can't get an IMEI number you might be able to rewrite one with MTK Droid Tools.
(2013-08-05, 00:22)cybershaf Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all,

Recently I just bought HDC Galaxy S4 (info based on CPU Identifier). The problem occur when I do factory data reset and the IMEI is missing just like that. Anyone can guide me how to recover/ re write the IMEI number?

Thanks in advance Big Grin

Did you try *#*#43640#*3* , this should directly take you the GPRS menu, where you can select SIM and input any valid IMEI Number..........

Or try using mobileuncletools where you can again go to Engineering Mode and then select GPRS and change your IMEI number...

Hope this will help....
*#364666# is the only one that worked for me