www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: H9500
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there.
I am new here, so let's introduce Myself.
I am fergy (Ramon) dev of ex iDroidProject team (guys who was port Android on iPhone) and well known STB's Kernel/Driver dev.
So, I got an phone which I don't know brand and want to make My fingers busy with porting new versions of Android or B2G (Boot2Gecko) on it.
What I know, it's mt6589 quad core with 5.0" screen, 12.6mpx back and 5mpx front camera, dual SIM (both standard), RAM is likely 1Gb but true is that it have 0.98, External storage is likely 2Gb but again, true will be 1.77, display resolution is 720x1280x320dpi, 320x320 pixel per inch, have two sensors: Bosch BMA050 3-axis accel and Capella cm36283 proxy/light and from googling, it look like an Samsung S4 clone.
I am not sure if: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] is that phone (even mine don't have plus, but from reading spec's could be...

Here is what sysinfo say about:

Quote:Android version: 4.2.1
CPU ABI: armeabi-v7a
Manufacturer: alps
Bootloader: unknown
CPU ABI2: armeabi
Hardware: mt6589
Radio: unknown
Board: v89_ht
Brand: Alps
Device: v89_ht
Display: APLS.JB2.MP.V1.2
Fingerprint: alps/v89_ht/v89_ht:4.2.1/JOP40D/1365402858:user/test-keys
Host: wuyue-linux
ID: JOP40D
Model: GT-H9500
Product: v89_ht

So, have few questions:
#1 Who assemble this phone? HDC? Feiteng? Jiaiu?
#2 Which CWM is compatible?
#3 Does anyone have driver sources or even better, android patches or sources for it (except Kernel as I have it)?

I'll be very graceful if someone have idea.
Cheers
You can't trust Fastcardtech with accurate phone titles or descriptions. They are a horrible, purposely misleading company. Even if your phone is that one, it's real brand is very likely not HDC. It's also very unlikely to be JiaYu.

There are so many different clones out there of S4. Most of them not too popular regarding development work. I don't mean to be a downer Smile. Maybe someone with Feiteng or another clone can compare build info to narrow it down. Just wanted to chime on and let you know it's very likely not HDC or JiaYu.
(2013-08-05, 22:16)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]You can't trust Fastcardtech with accurate phone titles or descriptions. They are a horrible, purposely misleading company. Even if your phone is that one, it's real brand is very likely not HDC. It's also very unlikely to be JiaYu.

There are so many different clones out there of S4. Most of them not too popular regarding development work. I don't mean to be a downer Smile. Maybe someone with Feiteng or another clone can compare build info to narrow it down. Just wanted to chime on and let you know it's very likely not HDC or JiaYu.

Thank You @Gizbeat for this info.
As this can maybe help someone, here is updated info from MTK Droid Tools:

Quote:Hardware: MT6589
Model: GT-H9500
Bulid number: ALPS.JB2.MP.V1.2
Build date UTC: 20130411-072848
Android v: 4.2.1
Baseband: MOLY.WR8.W1248.MD.WG.MP.V6.P2, 2013/03/26 12:42
Kernel v: 3.4.5 (root@android) (gcc version 4.6.x-google 20120106 (prerelase) (GCC)) #1 SMP Mon Apr 8, 14:33:50 CST 2013
Uboot build v: should be root shell
LCD Driver IC 1-HF+15030+0953_A0
IMEI 1: 352xxx*
IMEI 2: 352xxx*
*both IMEI was shown

Making backup right now, so when finnish, I will update uboot info (if any)