www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Official Firefly v65 rom updated 8.16.2013 (version 0808)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
From the official Firefly Chinese forum:

Download CWM version: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
Download SP flash tools version: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
The button to download is down at the bottom left, near the blue button, you'll see the text "421.12M" in the button. When the popup comes up, press the button to the right (not blue). If my instructions aren't clear enough, use Google to translate the website.

Install with CWM:
Copy zip to your phone
Boot into CWM
Backup your current rom
Wipe data/factory reset
Install zip from sdcard, choose the zip you copied to the phone, done.

-or-

Install with [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register].
Updated the post with the new official rom/firmware update.

I am now using this as it's better than the stock rom for me, it's just as fast as the Xperia rom. I stopped using the Xperia rom because mobile data did nto work for me, even with correct APN settings.

For those with the same problem as I had, THIS is the rom you want. Everything works. Just need to get rid of some Chinese apps...
(2013-08-18, 18:52)bertmansk Wrote: [ -> ]Updated the post with the new official rom/firmware update.

I am now using this as it's better than the stock rom for me, it's just as fast as the Xperia rom. I stopped using the Xperia rom because mobile data did nto work for me, even with correct APN settings.

For those with the same problem as I had, THIS is the rom you want. Everything works. Just need to get rid of some Chinese apps...

installed it last night,
not bad, for the first few hours , it looked ok,
The signal bar now is full bar, where ever I went in my house. this did not occur before when I installed all the other rom( I don't know whether it is a fake indication, because I read a thread from Chinese web site, he did say the signal bar indication did not look real, he said he can't have the talk properly, the line seems dropping all the time when he was on the phone)

but, it seems that the stock rom can't detect the right percentage of the battery indication.
this morning(2am) , I charge my phone from 27% to 93% (6am)
then I unpluged the charger, after I reboot my phone, the battery indicates only 27%. it seems that the stock rom did not correct the problem since beginning.
I had installed Samsung rom, Xperia rom, they don't have this problem.
It migt be your usb cable issue. I have my genuine sammy galaxy note charged with a cheap usb cable. It had 100% but when you unpluged usb cable, it said 57% immediately.

It is nothing to do with the rom.
Bertmansk, there is a new rom 0826 in Chinese website 91firefly. I could not access to it. All chinese stuff Sad. Are you able to obtain the download link?
(2013-08-28, 04:54)bluehat Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]&uk=1597047133
You can download it here as well (I guess that's the same one?):

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
For all who have tried both 0808 and 0826, which do you prefer? Any major hickups? Biggest areas I am into are 3G data and smoothness with web surfing, videos, games (games not top priority)
I tried this rom yesterday and everything is great! It is the most smooth rom I have tried, BUT (don't know if it is rom issue) my sound is gone. Do somebody know what to do with this issue? I couldn't try headphones yet, but I can't hear notifications, ringtones and music - even when I try to volume up (phone ringtone volume) it does not beep. Fortunately speaker sound is working, so I can make phonecalls. Speaker mode in phonecall does not work too. Any help would be appreciated.
hi Mato01. i am a bit confused by your post.

when you say speaker sound is working but speaker mode is not working. do you mean in handset mode in the first one? and loudspeaker in the second one?
if your speaker worked in previous rom, it must be a driver problem, so your loudspeaker is not working right.
i suggest you try using mobileuncle tools and go into hardware and adjust the speaker volume levels. but if that still does not make any improvement, you might need to put back previous drivers or whole rom
Pages: 1 2