www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: no deep sleep on hdc galaxy s4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi. i am new to cell phones. i recently got an hdc galaxy s4, gt i9502, mt6589, and while i didn't expect super quality, it is a speedy little thing for sure.

thing is, i get very poor battery life. i download a few cpu tools, and the device never goes into deep sleep. and so it runs at max cpu at all times.

what can i do? i downloaded an app that breaks down app usage, and it appears the "kernel" is sapping all life from the device.

can i switch a kernel or something? thanks.
come on fellas! someone must have some ideas that i can try.Smiling
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]
hey my man, thanks for that link. the thing is i've run those apps, and they reveal that i am never entering deep sleep, and further that my kernel/adroid system is sucking all energy from my phone.

i guess i'll try to learn how to flash a rom, even if there is not one especially made for my device. i have little to lose, as i'm only getting about 2 hours of time on this. i have a backup now, thanks to maine coon, so if i screw it up maybe i can get back to square one.
(2013-08-08, 08:48)boathead Wrote: [ -> ]hi. i am new to cell phones. i recently got an hdc galaxy s4, gt i9502, mt6589, and while i didn't expect super quality, it is a speedy little thing for sure.

thing is, i get very poor battery life. i download a few cpu tools, and the device never goes into deep sleep. and so it runs at max cpu at all times.

what can i do? i downloaded an app that breaks down app usage, and it appears the "kernel" is sapping all life from the device.

which one is it is it the 5.0 screen or the 4.8
(2013-08-15, 05:41)will65mcmanus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-08-08, 08:48)boathead Wrote: [ -> ]hi. i am new to cell phones. i recently got an hdc galaxy s4, gt i9502, mt6589, and while i didn't expect super quality, it is a speedy little thing for sure.

5 " screen.

sort of desperate at this point. i've been trying to learn how to flash a new rom, willing to take a chance of bricking the darn thing, but i'm having trouble getting the flash tool to talk to my phone. my pc recognizes the phone, but the tool does not it seems.

i like this device, but 2 hours of battery life makes it too unpredictable. cannot rely that the phone will be alive if i actually need it.Sad
(2013-08-15, 22:34)boathead Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-08-15, 05:41)will65mcmanus Wrote: [ -> ]

5 " screen.

sort of desperate at this point. i've been trying to learn how to flash a new rom, willing to take a chance of bricking the darn thing, but i'm having trouble getting the flash tool to talk to my phone. my pc recognizes the phone, but the tool does not it seems.

i like this device, but 2 hours of battery life makes it too unpredictable. cannot rely that the phone will be alive if i actually need it.Sad
m8 not the answer you may be looking for but i wouold buy a genuine samsung battery
i was thinking of doing just that.

but the fact remains my kernel is drawing a ridiculous amount of energy. at some point i need to address that.

thanks for the reminder about the battery. i thought of that, and then forgot about that.Smiling
Have you figured out which process is keeping your phone from deep sleeping?