www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Mobile Data disconnects when trying to change network modes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
today I tried to change the network mode of my Innos D6000 and when in treid to enter the network mode sub-menu it just closed the menu and the mobile connection reset. I had to enter my PIN agaibn but I could not change the network mode. I wanted to because it only connected to 3G (edge).

Any advise?
Hello, welcome to the forum.

Edge is 2G, not 3G.

It's normal for data to disconnect when you change the bandmode through mobile settings.

Are you connecting to G/E (GSM/EDGE/2G) or 3G/H/H+ (3G/WCDMA)?

Where do you live? And what is the current setting?

Also be aware that if you have 2 SIMs in, only one slot will be 2G/3G/4G. The other slot will be 2G only.
Huge thanks for your quick reply !

I am sorry that My question already contained errors ;) i dient know that edge is 2g actually.

What i tried is Connecticut to 3g, so that the "h" appears next to the signal icon. I have only 1 sim card, which was inserted to slot 2 because slot 1 was buggy when i received the phone yesterday. When i left My house today mobile network connected only to edge , "e" next to signal icon.

Changing the sim card to slot 1 NOW worked but it didnt change the Problem that every time i went into the network mode menu , the menu force closed and the phone reinizialized the sim card but still with only edge.

I now tried resetting the phone completely to factory setting which i read on xda developers forum.

Now it works and i can change network modes.

Strange, but im happy that it connect to h and even 4g :o

Thanks for your help... Do you have any idea what the Problem could have been?
It's a strange problem and difficult to say exactly what the problem was. Maybe when testing in China, they had some strange mobile configuration set. Factory reset was a smart move it looks like. Good you got it solved.
Hi shisaya24,

I have same issue.

Can you explain how did you do the resetting? I didn't found any special instructions on xda dev.