www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: iNew i6000 OTG?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I saw bertmansk mention in another thread that it had OTG. Thumbs Up

Game pads/keyboard/mice/flash/external HDs all working okay?

Have all the firmwares so far been working okay with OTG?

Just curious. I may do a write up on this phone.

Thanks
Keyboard, mouse, 16gb usb stick, and PS3 controller worked.

Hooked up a powered external HDD, it was recognized but wouldn't mount. This may have been because the HD is formatted in NTFS?
(2013-08-09, 08:12)bertmansk Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]&hl=en

Should take care of the NTFS problem.

I don't expect a USB-powered HDD to work.
(2013-08-09, 09:03)Maine_Coon11 Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]&hl=en

Should take care of the NTFS problem.

I don't expect a USB-powered HDD to work.
Users have had success with [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] as well regarding mount issues.

A USB-powered HDD may/should work if the power-only end of a Y USB connector is plugged into a power source.

This is great news regarding OTG. Huge plus for this phone.
Nice app. It allowed me to mount my portable 320gb powered HD (as i did before, I plugged the power usb connector into my computer).

Screenshot:
[Image: Screenshot_2013-08-09-22-09-30_zps20536e6d.png]

I'll try some bigger HD's tomorrow (1-3 TB). I will probably never need to do such a thing, but it's cool to know if it's possible.
(2013-08-09, 08:12)bertmansk Wrote: [ -> ]Keyboard, mouse, 16gb usb stick, and PS3 controller worked.

Hooked up a powered external HDD, it was recognized but wouldn't mount. This may have been because the HD is formatted in NTFS?

2 small questions:
how (or with what app and settings) did you get your ps3 controller to work...?
my controller is not recognised at all by the bluetooth... :o(

are there more than one "type" of OTG (on the go) cables...?
do i need a brand specific one for this inew i6000....?

thanks in advance
(2013-08-12, 21:29)alucard369 Wrote: [ -> ]2 small questions:
how (or with what app and settings) did you get your ps3 controller to work...?
my controller is not recognised at all by the bluetooth... :o(

are there more than one "type" of OTG (on the go) cables...?
do i need a brand specific one for this inew i6000....?

thanks in advance

Let me try to keep this as short as possible. lol.

I can't answer the question about the type of OTG cables. Though, I can tell you I'm using the same one I bought for my HP Touchpad (10" tablet).

About a year ago, I also used the touchpad with that OTG cable to play some SNES roms with the ps3 controller. This worked.

Now with that being said, I didn't feel like setting up the controller on my phone because I wouldn't use it. So now the question is: "how do you know the ps3 controller works?". When I plug it into the phone, the app "USB Host Controller" recognizes the controller as a "Sony PLAYSTATION®3 Controller".

[Image: Screenshot_2013-08-12-21-39-25_zps86dc00fe.png]
Question to the owners of 1/16 devices: does OTG work for you?
I got conflicting reports. Some say it does and some say it does not.
(2013-08-28, 15:04)Maine_Coon11 Wrote: [ -> ]Question to the owners of 1/16 devices: does OTG work for you?

Don't know about 1/16, but it does work on 2/32 GB (with partition of 3 GB for app storage). I have stock Firefly v65 ROM installed. I have an OTG cable/adapter and attached my 64 GB USB stick to it. Could watch movies and listen to music stored on the stick without any problem! Haven't tried mouse or keyboard yet though, but I don't care about that personally.
(2013-08-28, 20:19)Squier Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-08-28, 15:04)Maine_Coon11 Wrote: [ -> ]Question to the owners of 1/16 devices: does OTG work for you?

Don't know about 1/16, but it does work on 2/32 GB (with partition of 3 GB for app storage). I have stock Firefly v65 ROM installed. I have an OTG cable/adapter and attached my 64 GB USB stick to it. Could watch movies and listen to music stored on the stick without any problem! Haven't tried mouse or keyboard yet though, but I don't care about that personally.

I know that 2/32 works. I want to know whether 1/16 works.