www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Error fix on mtk droid & root tools v2.4.8.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First of all if this post is in the wrong place please advise me as to where to post. TY

I have a GoFone GF55X with mt6582.
I'm using the mtk root tool to back up my stock from. Everything seems OK apart from this message =
data.ext4.img - ERROR write error file too large.
I don't want to flash a custom recovery & rom until I have a fix to this problem so all your help is much wanted and appreciated. Thanks in advance - Dave[/align]
How big is your data? I think this is limited to 4gb. I wouldn't worry about this so much as making sure you have a stock system, boot, uboot (lk.bin), preloader, ebr, scatter. If you have that, just back up your personal data to PC or SIM.
(2015-10-05, 23:54)cookiedough Wrote: [ -> ]How big is your data? I think this is limited to 4gb. I wouldn't worry about this so much as making sure you have a stock system, boot, uboot (lk.bin), preloader, ebr, scatter. If you have that, just back up your personal data to PC or SIM.
Thanks for the advice, im a noobie in the china fone community, how do i check the data size? Ive looked in storage & this is the reading =
Internal Storage = Total Space - 4.43 GB with 3.05 GB Available
sd card = 14.48GB space - 4.19 available
phone storage = 1.58 Total - 1.56 available.
Can you tell me is there another way of backing up my stock rom & imei number? Thanks in advance. :-) Dave.
What phone is this Dave?

Are you rooted?
(2015-10-06, 12:37)Bacon_Puffs Wrote: [ -> ]What phone is this Dave?

Are you rooted?

Its a GoFone GF55X & yes it is rooted using kingroot.
Im new to the chinaphone business & ive only had the fone 2wks so want to make sure ive got a propper stock rom back up befor i flash a custom recovery & rom.
Dave, to backup your NVRAM and IMEI, see the NVRAM IMEI button in mtk droid tools. Make sure you click the root button first and allow any permissions on your phone.

For the backup, the error is odd, as you're not using a big portion of data. You can try a readback with sp flash tools. Look for the Sniper47 backup tutorial in the tutorial forum.

I would seriously consider leaving your phone alone. There is no ROM support from the manufacturer and no stock ROM available at needrom. Is there a specific custom ROM you want to flash? And, is there anything wrong with the current ROM?
Can anybody tell me how to put my phone into recovery mode so i can do a factory & cache reset? Thanks