www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: XIAOMI Mini TV Box Review
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The xiaomi mini tv box is an interesting idea. It costs less than $40usd and that makes quite appealing. It is small and portable and it doesn't have a wire; it plugs right into the wall. . That might be great for travelling, but at home i found that it takes a bit too much space on a already crowded power bar. The box doesn't have a usb port or any buttons. In my opinion that was a very bad decision that makes using it difficult.
The HDMI cable is long enough to work with most setups.
The remote control looks and feels very nice, but it's not that practical. It should have had an option to become like a mouse on the screen.
This box is running Android 4.4, however,its changed so much that you can barely tell. Too many options and settings have been taken out that it makes it quite difficult to use. Everything that is quite easy to do on Android based device is extremely difficult and time consuming on this device.
Installing the google play store and other google apps aside from being difficult, was unsuccessful. All apps would close right after they would open. I was able to get kodi and Netflix working, but with some limitations.
Even though the price is great, this device is intended for the Chinese market, not exactly for North America.

I got mine from here: http://goo.gl/cEW5QW

Review:

Unboxing: