www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Can't root ZGPAX S82 Smart Watch phone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can't seem to root my ZGPAX S82 Smart Watch. It has the MT6577 chip set. Some of the root method apk's or programs recommended here install malware. Tried to root using this method. http://www.maximumpc.com/how-root-android-2013/ When I type these commands to the smartwatch phone. This is at the command prompt in Windows 7. I get this C:\Android\sdk\platform-tools>adb devices
List of devices attached
0123456789ABCDEF device <-- this doesn't seem right at all. There should be NO 0123456789ABCEDF as the number that should come up.
Tried this command as well C:\Android\sdk\platform-tools>adb reboot bootloader
. Goes into to FASTBOOT mode... But just stays there and does nothing else on the screen. I also get this as well. * daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
0123456789ABCDEF device <---- this is not working correctly as well.
I type this command as well fastboot oem unlock and it just stays on the FASTBOOT mode screen.
Are you positive about the processor?

I thought those use the MTK6572, which may change any advice given.

Your first step is to get the drivers to work when you connect the device. Use the tools here on the website and follow the tutorial sections. It should be relatively straightforward.

As always, all disclaimers apply if you brick, destroy, catch on fire, or anything else negative happens to your device while attempting to modify it in any way.