www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: How Do You Root NeuTab G7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I got A NeuTab G7 LTE 7 Inch Unlocked Phablet with Android 5.0 Lollipop from Amazon and would like to know how to Root it and what Rom to use

I see no way to get in to Android recovery and when I Hold the Power/Volume keys together at startup I get into a screen that is in Chinese

Manufacturer: ALPS

Hardware: mt6735

Model: NeuTab G7 (NeuTab G7)

I am using it on T-Mobile
Hello!
I also have the same phablet(now bricked, as I am attempting to port TWRP and CWM)..

I was able to root my NeuTab G7 using the Android version of KingRoot(or was it KingUser), try both(I did and one of them worked eventually).
They recently added support for the NeuTab G7!

EDIT: I forgot to mention(this may be a bit much to ask), although if you are up for it; I would need a scatter file to flash my stock recovery back.
From there I should be able to do a full ROM backup(which I completely forgot to do for some reason..)
I'd really appreciate it if you'd be able to(considering you know how to without damaging your phablet!!) Big Grin

Happy rooting ^^
Guys,

Have you already tried this ?

http://neutab.com/info-detail.php?InfoId=14

Smiling
Hello, Cleopatra!

I will try this now, although I'm on Linux so I may need to transfer some of the files from the Windows SP Flash Tool to my Linux SP Flash Tool's directory so there are no weird problems.

If that fails I'll just boot into Windows and try again Big Grin

Kind regards,
Pawkow

Guess what!

It worked! Big Grin
Thank you so much, Cleopatra ^^

Kind regards,
Pawkow

I'm not sure if I should make a new thread or how this all works if I end up porting TWRP to this device although..

I'll keep this thread updated with my progress if I do port it so people can find the new thread if I am able to port it.

Kind regards,
Pawkow
(2016-09-24, 21:18)Pawkow Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, Cleopatra!

I will try this now, although I'm on Linux so I may need to transfer some of the files from the Windows SP Flash Tool to my Linux SP Flash Tool's directory so there are no weird problems.

If that fails I'll just boot into Windows and try again Big Grin

Kind regards,
Pawkow

Guess what!

It worked! Big Grin
Thank you so much, Cleopatra ^^

Kind regards,
Pawkow

I'm not sure if I should make a new thread or how this all works if I end up porting TWRP to this device although..

I'll keep this thread updated with my progress if I do port it so people can find the new thread if I am able to port it.

Kind regards,
Pawkow

@Pawkow Did you ever manage to successfully port TWRP to the G7? Or any other custom recovery?