www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Lost notification alerts on Lenovo K3 Note/Nexus root
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My K3 Note has been rooted with "Nexus by Dr Root". Everything is going fine except that I've lost the notification flashing light and, on the home screens, the indicator to show that there has been an email/missed call/Facebook posting has also disappeared. How do I restore them or what do I need to download from Playstore to get them back? There are heaps of notification managers, but I've no idea what a good one, which doesn't come with malware/pop up advertising would be. I don't need anything heavy duty, I just want to get back the flashing LED alert that there has been a notification and, on the home screen, an indicator as to what the notification refers to. Missed calls are shown at the moment in the pull down menu, but nothing else. Using the Baidu browser and Gmail
Other than that really like the Nexus Rom, stable and everything is running sweetly.

Hal55
This likely due to your custom ROM. Did the notifications work okay with original ROM?
Yes, no problems whatever. Was quite pleasant having the phone beside me while watching TV and being able to see if there were any notifications merely by checking if the green light was blinking.

Hal55
The developer of the ROM will need to make the fix. Or return to stock ROM. You can also try a 3rd party app such as Light Flow, but I think unlikely to work.