www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: N9106HD Chinese 10" Tablet Bricked - Need Help Please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I have a Chinese 10" Tablet that boots with a Samsung Splash screen and shows N9106HD.

It is 'rooted' but I do not have write access with ADB

Recently I installed a couple of App2SD program. A reboot worked, then I attempted to change the 'E-mail' app from a system app to a user app.

The tablet rebooted itself and since then attempting to start results in a bootloop showing a flashing "SAMSUNG" on the screen.

The tablet has only 3 buttons, power, up and down.

When stuck on and showing the splash screen, I can connect to the device with adb, however, have limited access and am unable to view/copy data or system (I have been trying to use QtADB for this).

There are 2 alternative boot methods that open another screen:

1. Holding 'pwr' and 'up' simultaneously at boot. This gives a menu of:

Android System Recovery <3e>

Reboot System Now

apply update from ADB

apply update from sdcard

apply update from sdcard2

apply update from cache

wipe data/factory reset

wipe cache partition

(I have wiped the cache partition successfully with this)

2. Holding pwr and 'down' simultaneously at boot.

This gives a menu only in chinese. Trying to access through this menu it seems to be for hardware tests.

Running QtADB starts with an error:

"adbd cannot run as root in production builds so You can't do anything with /system partition. Run Anyway?"

I have found this application adbd-insecure ([Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]), however, as I only have some sort of basic recovery access and do not seem to have write access I do not know how I could get this to install so that I could have write access.... catch 22.

I have taken the SDCard out of the tablet for now. It has a 2GB 'Internal' Memory and a 16GB 'Phone' memory. The phone memory is treated by the App2SD as an external SDcard I think.

Plugging into linux with it sitting on the 'samsung' splash screen shows the following device details:
Bus 005 Device 022: ID 0bb4:0c03 HTC (High Tech Computer Corp.)
idVendor 0x0bb4 HTC (High Tech Computer Corp.)
idProduct 0x0c03
bcdDevice 2.55
iManufacturer 2 MediaTek
iProduct 3 MT65xx Android Phone
iSerial 4 0123456789ABCDEF

MTK Droid Root Tools shows:
Hardware : MT6572 (MT6582 is Fake!)
Model : N9106HD
Build number : N9106HD-HL-MT6582-20140823
Build date UTC : 20140809-092351
Android v : 4.4
Baseband v: -----
Kernel v : 3.4.5 (buildserver@buildserver1) (gcc version 4.6.x-google 20120106 (prerelease) (GCC) ) #1 SMP Sat Aug 9 17:22:21 CST 2014
Free space: system - 43M; data 343M;
Error: SU Inaccessible
Attention: Requests for confirmation on the device screen are possible.
(However, the screen is stuck on the 'samsung' splash)

Can someone please help with recovering this tablet?

TIA
For anyone with similar problems to resolve this I had to:

1. Factory Default the device
2. Root with Kingroot
3. Install CWM Recovery for future problems

As to the guy who sold me this tablet, he ripped me off. A Korean guy on ebay Australia. It turns out that not only is the tablet brand faked (Samsung) but the tablet specs are also faked. It is not quad core but shows a faked cpu model and the memory is also faked. Some other items like compass do not work either.

However, it is working again, rooted (sortof), and I can access it with ADB and do nandroid backups on it for if ever it crashes to this extent again.