www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: question about flash tool
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i've followed the instructions in this link

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

yet, nothing ever happens. no red green or purple bars, nothing. i have the scatter file loaded, hit download in the flash tool.

i've installed the pdanet driver that this site has, i've clicked on the debugging, turned the phone off, pulled the battery, put battery back in.

with the phone off, i plug it into the pc. and nothing. tried it with battery in, and battery out. tried it with phone on, and with phone off.

anything jump out at you guys? i'm thinking i'm not in download mode on my phone, but i'm a newbie so that is that.

it is an hdc galaxy s4....mt6589.
(2013-08-14, 01:06)boathead Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

yet, nothing ever happens. no red green or purple bars, nothing. i have the scatter file loaded, hit download in the flash tool.

i've installed the pdanet driver that this site has, i've clicked on the debugging, turned the phone off, pulled the battery, put battery back in.

with the phone off, i plug it into the pc. and nothing.

anything jump out at you guys? i'm thinking i'm not in download mode on my phone, but i'm a newbie so that is that.

Is your phone recognized by your PC? When turned on, do you see "Android device" in the PC Device Manager?

I am under impression your PC drivers are incorrect.
(2013-08-14, 01:09)Maine_Coon11 Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

with the phone off, i plug it into the pc. and nothing.

Is your phone recognized by your PC? When turned on, do you see "Android device" in the PC Device Manager?

I am under impression your PC drivers are incorrect.
i do in fact see it, just checked. with phone not plugged in, there is nothing. when i plug it in, "android adb interface" appears under android phone.

i think you are right. somehow my pc is not talking to the phone. can you help me? was sort of hoping you'd respond. you know alot.
(2013-08-14, 01:25)boathead Wrote: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register].

Launch it with your phone connected to your PC. Does it recognize it?
i have to head out to work. i'll try what you suggest later. would you please check this thread later on? you've been very helpful, and i sure need some help.

thanks my man.
my pc is definately recognizing my phone. moborobo recognizes it, and an app called snapea does as well. i uninstalled snapea from my pc in case there was a conflict.

when i plug in my phone with device manager open, "my htc" is added as a driver. don't know where that comes from quite frankly.

do you have any further suggestions?

i do have this question if a cannot get the flash tool to work. i see references on the site that one can create their own cwm recovery......i have not had time to look into this, but if i do, will that permit me to simply put a zip file on the sd card and flash it as usual?
(2013-08-15, 22:55)boathead Wrote: [ -> ]my pc is definately recognizing my phone. moborobo recognizes it, and an app called snapea does as well. i uninstalled snapea from my pc in case there was a conflict.

when i plug in my phone with device manager open, "my htc" is added as a driver. don't know where that comes from quite frankly.

do you have any further suggestions?

i do have this question if a cannot get the flash tool to work. i see references on the site that one can create their own cwm recovery......i have not had time to look into this, but if i do, will that permit me to simply put a zip file on the sd card and flash it as usual?
Then Flash Tool should recognize it as well.
Try it again.
Make sure you have the latest version of the Flash Tool and correct scatter file.

Try another PC/Laptop.

I don't know whether any of the methods described let you create a flashable recovery.img, never used them.