www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Phone suggestions for T-Mobile user in S.F. area
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,
I'd like to request your assistance since I'm not familiar with the majority of Chinese phones. I'm looking for a phone that meets these criteria.

Preferences:

1900mhz/1700mhz/band 12 - (I'm on T-Mobile) San Francisco area.
5.5" or larger screen
Android 5.1
1080p (or better)
Reliable hardware
Minimally 2gb ram. (I currently use a nokia with 512mb and it refreshes whenever I switch apps/tabs and it is annoying.)
Stable software (as close to stock android if poss.)
Good camera (not OK, not best, just good.)

Budget $200 pref. $250 max
Hello.

Well, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you will likely not get what you are looking for.

With these devices, even using ATT/MVNO's, the best you can hope for is 3g(+) speeds using the 850 and 1900 bands. The frequencies just aren't there for TMob.

(A personal gripe of mine I may add.)

If you are in a reframed area, it might work... MAYBE.

Frankly, if you must have 4g LTE speeds or must keep TMob, then you are left with phones made for the American market. 1700 is not going to happen.

I would personally suggest hitting swappa. Probably the best bet in your case if you must stick to tmob would be to get an LG 3G and not look back, as it hits all your requirements. Root it and pick a ROM, done.

Another option is to use an ATT MVNO instead, like cricket or straight talk, or ATT itself. In that case, we could help much more.

I may be wrong on this, so if someone else can give direction, it would be helpful.

Hopefully my post and the recommendation within (which took TIME + EFFORT to write and add free value/traffic to this website) will not be deleted nor modified.
The majority of T-Mobile/T-Mobile MVNO will work on 1900 these days. California should be no problem.

Also, if you use AT&T/AT&T MVNO, any mobile with 850/1900 WCDMA will give you H/H+ across the country.

I really recommend the Xiaomi Mi4/Mi4i/Mi4c, but these are 5.0". If you can step down in screen size, they are a great buy. Compact and everything working very well.

To save some dough, consider the Mlais MX Base. It has only a passable camera, but otherwise is an outstanding bargain choice. Battery life is averaging 10 hours onscreen for me.

Or the Ulefone Be Pro 2 (OnePlus One lookalike).