www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Please help broken micro sd card latch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, I just received a haipai i9389 from gotablette in singapore/china the phones micro sd card slot lock/latch broke off now i have no way in putting my 32gb sd card in my phone. Do I have to ship it back to singapore/china? ps im in USA
Stop by near cell phone repair place and ask them how much will repair cost you, then decide.
You could also try jamming it in or taping it in if the shop can't fix it for cheap. Sending it back to China should be your last resort.
(2013-08-18, 07:55)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]You could also try jamming it in or taping it in if the shop can't fix it for cheap. Sending it back to China should be your last resort.

Exactly.
Easy fix.
Not elegant, but functional and easy.
I don' t believe the repair guy would ask for more than $10 though. Might do it for free, if he is nice.

Offtopic: I had a problem with my glasses latches while in Paris, France. Stopped by a local optic shop.
They had replaced both latches, when i asked for the price, they told me it was free.
Next time i am in Paris, i'l bring a big box of candies to the girl who did it.
Didn't have time to do it when i was there, had a flight to Venice.
Tell me again how French hate AmericansBig Grin
How do i jam it/ tape it in? Can anyone please show me pictures of how to do it? I tried jamming it in but it won't fit unless im doing it wrong
(2013-08-20, 09:42)ian619420 Wrote: [ -> ]How do i jam it/ tape it in? Can anyone please show me pictures of how to do it? I tried jamming it in but it won't fit unless im doing it wrong

Jamming it isn't guaranteed to work. It's worked for some people. Push it in real hard and fast (not so hard that you break your SD). If it's still not locking, you can try and tape it in. You'll have to be smart about it. You can try pushing it in with a piece of paper under it as well so it gets 'wedged' in.

Go to your local phone shop, they might be able to fix it for free as Maine said.