www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Star B6000 vs real Galaxy S2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Would a star b6000 with mtk turbo 1.5 ghz and overclocked GPU satisfy my needs for a cheap gaming phone? I can buy it for 198 dollars on amazon. or should i just buy galaxy s2 for gaming?
(2013-08-17, 03:59)ian619420 Wrote: [ -> ]Would a star b6000 with mtk turbo 1.5 ghz and overclocked GPU satisfy my needs for a cheap gaming phone? I can buy it for 198 dollars on amazon. or should i just buy galaxy s2 for gaming?

The b6000 will put the S2 to shame. Well more than double the Antutu (5000-7000 vs 13000-15000) at a higher res (800*400 vs 1280*720).

Powerwise you should be able to play any game out there at acceptable frame rates.
I got B6000 and it is a beauty by all means.
My Antutu score after fresh boot is 15582.

Smooth as silk.

Close to Nexus 4 which got 18096. But then again read/write SD card on Nexus is really high. '''''because it does not have SD, Big Grin
Almost all the scores of B6000 are higher than N4.
(2013-08-17, 09:39)Maine_Coon11 Wrote: [ -> ]I got B6000 and it is a beauty by all means.

Smooth as silk.

Close to Nexus 4 which got 18096. But then again read/write SD card on Nexus is really high. '''''because it does not have SD, Big Grin

just to check

how about the viewing angle

does it look like star s7589, when u go over sudden angle it start to get wash out.
what about the backlight leaking?

thanks
(2013-08-17, 10:45)stevenma61 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-08-17, 09:39)Maine_Coon11 Wrote: [ -> ]I got B6000 and it is a beauty by all means.

Smooth as silk.

just to check

how about the viewing angle

does it look like star s7589, when u go over sudden angle it start to get wash out.
what about the backlight leaking?

thanks

it is much much much better than S7589 by all means.

I don't see backlight leaking, but it might be me only.

I loved my S7589 until I got B6000.

funny part: they advertise it as 5.7" vs 5.8" on S7589, but to me B6000 screen looks larger than S7589.

made the measurement: B6000 diagonal is 14.6mm, S7589 is 14.55 mm
How about star b6000 vs blu quattro 4.5 tegra 3 quad core 1.5 ghz which one better? Also if possible can anyone please try out wild blood game on star b6000 or any mtk6589 device and please tell me if it has the extra graphic effects like s3 s4 iphone 4s etc. thanks
will do.

after you contribute to this forum and receive at least 3 thank you Big Grin

Smooth as silk.

there is something really fishy about that, though, and it makes me suspicious of antutu's general accuracy.

the clock speed and number of cores of the Nexus 4 and MTK T phones is the same... but the Nexus 4 is supposed to have a CPU architecture that is more than 1.7 times as efficient as the MTK's Cortex A7.

Nexus 4's Krait DMIPS/Mhz: 3.3
MTK T's Cortex A7 DMIPS/Mhz: 1.9

yet the MTK beats the qualcomm processor in CPU benchmarks..?

my guess is antutu tells you little more than a composite of clock speed and thread count (no of cores or cores x2 with hyperthreading).

this makes MTK phones come out very favorably on antutu. this is somewhat relevant to the comparison between an MTK T phone and samsung S2 but doesn't change the general verdict: S2 will quite decisively lose.
(2013-08-18, 20:52)Rdmkr Wrote: [ -> ]

Smooth as silk.

there is something really fishy about that, though, and it makes me suspicious of antutu's general accuracy.

the clock speed and number of cores of the Nexus 4 and MTK T phones is the same... but the Nexus 4 is supposed to have a CPU architecture that is more than 1.7 times as efficient as the MTK's Cortex A7.

my guess is antutu tells you little more than a composite of clock speed and thread count (no of cores or cores x2 with hyperthreading).

this makes MTK phones come out very favorably on antutu. this is somewhat relevant to the comparison between an MTK T phone and samsung S2 but doesn't change the general verdict: S2 will quite decisively lose.

Rdkmkr,

There is no other benchmark app in existence.

Unless you can suggest any other benchmark app, which is not biased to MTK CPUs, I really wish you'll stop repeating the same stuff over and over again.
No offense por favor.
(2013-08-19, 11:57)Maine_Coon11 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-08-18, 20:52)Rdmkr Wrote: [ -> ]

Smooth as silk.

Rdkmkr,

There is no other benchmark app in existence.

Unless you can suggest any other benchmark app, which is not biased to MTK CPUs, I really wish you'll stop repeating the same stuff over and over again.
No offense por favor.

DMIPS/Mhz is itself a benchmark. So there's the suggested answer you're looking for: the Nexus 4's processor is about 1.7 times as fast as an MTK T.

Antutu probably focuses on operations that are too simple to need the use of complex CPU transactions. So all the juicy goodies that come with the Krait architecture are not being used in it.

Question is, of course, whether that reflects real everyday use conditions or not. But we can ask the same thing about its full time employment of multiple cores, etc.