www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Blackview BV5000 first impressions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2015-11-12, 23:50)macrules Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-12, 22:40)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-09, 04:39)Twotems Wrote: [ -> ]This phone definitely has no 1900 band wcdma, just 900/2100. Not a deal breaker for me but US buyers beware.

To those who are unaware, the BV5000 has been advertised at official Blackview as having 1900 WCDMA, however the screenshot and tests by Twotems shows this to be impossible. Or at least impossible for the unit he received with the software it's currently on.

I have one and used it in the bath and bubbles came out and it broke.
Touchscreen unusable under water anyway.
Most annoying thing besides being crap is NO NOTIFICATION LED!
Feels solid, nice screen, good battery but also a bit too heavy.
Still acceptable for the price, just not the lack of being waterproof.
I'll go for a Lenovo next time if they make another good phone like the A660 or the S750 that ARE waterproof.

cheers

I'm betting you didn't put the screws in. No such issues in the pool with mine. A notification led would be nice perhaps but I can live without it. I find myself reaching for it more often than my Zenfone lately because it's actually a pleasure to use especially as I don't even have to think about the battery life.
(2015-11-13, 10:20)Twotems Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-12, 23:50)macrules Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-12, 22:40)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]To those who are unaware, the BV5000 has been advertised at official Blackview as having 1900 WCDMA, however the screenshot and tests by Twotems shows this to be impossible. Or at least impossible for the unit he received with the software it's currently on.

I have one and used it in the bath and bubbles came out and it broke.
Touchscreen unusable under water anyway.
Most annoying thing besides being crap is NO NOTIFICATION LED!
Feels solid, nice screen, good battery but also a bit too heavy.
Still acceptable for the price, just not the lack of being waterproof.
I'll go for a Lenovo next time if they make another good phone like the A660 or the S750 that ARE waterproof.

cheers

I'm betting you didn't put the screws in. No such issues in the pool with mine. A notification led would be nice perhaps but I can live without it. I find myself reaching for it more often than my Zenfone lately because it's actually a pleasure to use especially as I don't even have to think about the battery life.

I put the screws in. And no, i did not leave the rubber out either. Screws were tight.
The screen started flashing and water showed behind the camera glass.
When I opened it (with a screw driver!) the water was everywhere past the rubber, in the battery,sim card and every place.
I got lucky and let it dry and it seems to be ok.
I am pretty pissed of about it because it is one of the main reasons why I bought it. Otherwise nice indeed,although heavy.
Factory ROM here, I uploaded it for everyone Smiling

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

I wish someone could help us port TWRP/CWM/PhilZ on this stock recovery... I've tried so many root tools, without success...
Use SP flash tool and look on needrom. I will try to create one if I have time.

pm me and I will share the link when I get it done.
Probably someone else will beat me to it.
(2015-11-13, 20:35)macrules Wrote: [ -> ]Use SP flash tool and look on needrom. I will try to create one if I have time.
I will probably not post it here, because the thread initiator Twotems is being offensive for no reason and don't go well with that. pm me and I will share the link when I get it done.

You would be a saviour! I'll be there, with my own unit, to test it if you manage to do it (seems not so easy, as auto-port tools fail to deal with the stock recovery...) and you could always share it on needrom.com , of course Smiling

When done, share your Paypal so that I could show you my gratitude with a little bit more than words! ^_^

Cheers!
(2015-11-13, 20:38)Nicoking Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-13, 20:35)macrules Wrote: [ -> ]Use SP flash tool and look on needrom. I will try to create one if I have time.

pm me and I will share the link when I get it done.

You would be a saviour! I'll be there, with my own unit, to test it if you manage to do it (seems not so easy, as auto-port tools fail to deal with the stock recovery...) and you could always share it on needrom.com , of course Smiling

When done, share your Paypal so that I could show you my gratitude with a little bit more than words! ^_^

Cheers!

Thank you, that is motivating Smiling. I will try and make some time this weekend and post if I pull it off
Several posts removed, and a couple of edits made to remove inflammatory words. Twotems made a guess regarding the screws, it was nothing personal, and Macrules let it be known the guess was incorrect. Just leave it alone from there.

Also, Macrules, welcome to the forum. I know a bit of a rough start, but we are always glad to have new, knowledgeable members.
(2015-11-13, 23:33)NexusTrix Wrote: [ -> ]Several posts removed, and a couple of edits made to remove inflammatory words. Twotems made a guess regarding the screws, it was nothing personal, and Macrules let it be known the guess was incorrect. Just leave it alone from there.

Also, Macrules, welcome to the forum. I know a bit of a rough start, but we are always glad to have new, knowledgeable members.

Thanks Nexus Trix.

This battery is truly impressive. I'm still a fan of the thl but the efficiency of this soc and Blackview's rom is superb. I'm going to leave on the shower floor whilst I'm bathing tomorrow. This is a damn good phone regardless of whatever.

(2015-11-13, 23:35)Twotems Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-13, 23:33)NexusTrix Wrote: [ -> ]Several posts removed, and a couple of edits made to remove inflammatory words. Twotems made a guess regarding the screws, it was nothing personal, and Macrules let it be known the guess was incorrect. Just leave it alone from there.

Thanks Nexus Trix.

This battery is truly impressive. I'm still a fan of the thl but the efficiency of this soc and Blackview's rom is superb. I'm going to leave on the shower floor whilst I'm bathing tomorrow (Macrules, please note the grammatical structure of the English. i.e."bathing"). This is a damn good phone regardless of whatever.

One more. The underwater video won't load but I'll try later. Excellent phone. Highly recommended.
Hey Guys Smiling

I hope you like it ^_^ ! (Credit goes to some another forum users)

[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Cheers.
Nick.
Quick Gsam before I charge it as I have a long trip tomorrow and want it at 100%. I figure I could squeeze 13 hours sot out of this charge and 12 hours for sure on average. 10 hours sot and 61 hours up time. Easily a 3 day phone.
Pages: 1 2 3