www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: first china phone.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Im looking for one for my wife. price ideally around $100-$150 ( but flexible) . 4inch screen. good battery. ready to go in english , little or no gaming just light browsing / call / text. so many options... i have used geekbuying/honkongeek/ focalprice before. any recommendations. thinking Jiya G2 or Feiteng h9500

any advice appreciated.
Here a USD 68 unit I've been experimenting with - it should work well for the purpose;

Alps MT6517 P16 iPhone 5 Droid 4.1.2 1.0 Ghz
ARMv7 Processor Rev 10(v71)
Phone shows as a: Alps sanstar15_s006_p5_gb2
MT6517 Cortex A7 (ARMv7) 1.0 GHz dual-core PowerVR SGX531

http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=cpu&id=a651...tek_mt6517

I bot it from:

http://www.gadgetsdealer.com/product464386.html
Try Haier W910. best thing $130 can buy. Gets you a very powerful 1.5 Ghz dual core processor with almost the best CPU architecture, and a 720p screen.

size is 4.5 inch.

I'd say it's probably better than most mtk6589 quad core 1.2Ghz phones, but considerably cheaper.
The Lenovo A820 is ~$150 on aliexpress, has the mt6589 quad core cpu, 1gb ram, with a 4.5" screen. Great specs for the price.
Where do you live? If in USA, you'll need a phone with 850MHz WCDMA for 3G (and be on AT&T or AT&T MVNO such as H20/Airvoice etc...in an area that has 850). The only phone mentioned so far with 850 is the Feiteng H9500. I think it's a good choice, but it's a 5" phone. Take a look at THL W100 as well. IPS LCD and 1GB RAM. Definitely go with at least 1GB. You're wife likely won't need more than that, but less than that and performance will suffer.

As for shops, we work with Merimobiles (coupon code: arena) and if there happens to be any issues, we will advocate for you. Geekbuying is also a good bet.

Let us know what you end up choosing.
thanks for all the suggestions.. I live in Ireland . im liking the 2 batteries included with the THL phone...merimobiles only seem to have upscaled haier model with extra gpu. geekbuying has the regular one for 134.99usd..
do i need to but the root firmware install ? this phone wnotn be messed with much. jsut want all icons etc in english
I wouldn't go with the root option. You should be able to root it yourself relatively easily if you need.
can you use the 5% discount ant a $5 off for facebook like together ?
(2013-08-21, 18:34)oconnb3 Wrote: [ -> ]can you use the 5% discount ant a $5 off for facebook like together ?

Sorry, no. Merimobiles is a sponsor, I have no control over their discounts for Facebook likes for our forum.
think im torn between ... thl w100
and HAIER W910
CPU CORTEX A9 DUAL CORE
CPU model MSM8260A, 2x1.5Ghz

haier will arrive in about $30 less

which is better overall gaming aside
Pages: 1 2