www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Brightness Apps (Screen Filter, LUX, etc.)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Moving this conversation here because I felt like I was derailing the [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]. Sorry about that.

(2013-08-15, 13:55)stevenma61 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-08-15, 02:07)WuddaWaste Wrote: [ -> ]Dude! Thanks for this [Screen Filter recommendation]! I looked up this app last night, read a handful of reviews, then promptly installed it AND told a few friends about it. Crazy useful and helpful. Spare battery life, stop phone from blinding me at night, and (if I ever have to)

actually there r a lot of brightness control app in play store, for brightness control on Nexus 4, the "screen filter" app is not so good, try "Lux lite" by Vito Cassisi ,

the "screen filter" is very good to S7589 or for those phone which has a serious backlight leaking, most of the cheap china's phone has serious backlight leaking, except for those newer screen technology, (OGS, one glass solution screen)

Edit: please be careful with the LUX lite. I think if u go over the dark too much, then u can't see the display, so don't let go the finger with the screen, then slide the finger back to brighter end.

Again, thanks for the heads-up on this one. I installed LUX Lite. Played with it for about 2 minutes, didn't understand what I was doing, then impulsively decided to buy the full version. I don't know why, but I trust your guys' opinions so much more than the Average Joe's. You say "Jump!" and I apparently will jump right in. Thanks dudes. Thumbs Up

First impressions (keep in mind I've had this installed for 15 minutes now and I still don't fully understand what's going on), are really good. My biggest complaints about screen filter seem to be solved by this app. I was previously using Screen Filter on top of Android's stock auto-brightness. Migrating from that solution to this one does seem significantly less hack-a-riffic, and more streamlined and straight forward.

Right now I'm still learning the different modes and ins/outs of the app. Does anyone else use this? If so, what settings have you found most useful? Are there other apps you've found to be helpful with screen brightness?
You can take a look at Velis. This is mostly for setting auto-brightness levels.

Also found AdjBrightness and Screen Filter to be handy.
(2013-08-23, 12:12)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]You can take a look at Velis. This is mostly for setting auto-brightness levels.

Also found AdjBrightness and Screen Filter to be handy.

Velis works perfect on LG G ,..thanks !! Big Grin
Lux came in handy when I had my gs3 mini without light sensor. I found a tut to adjust settings (which where a bit complicated at first) and it worked like a charm. One day I decided to see what was the "sub zero" function in the app and got very often a strong red/green overall color. I was never able to get it off and had to uninstall it (I was using it with tasker). I found it was more reliable to adjust screen brightness manually ;)
Ive found easyeyez [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]&hl=en To be the best app for me when going to bed and fiddling with phone Smiling