www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Mlais MX Base - possible battery problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It started nearly 10 dens ago - I noticed that battery "charge" started jumping.
Like, 20% down on reboot, or 25% up when charging
Here is example
[attachment=2702]

When opened I noticed that the battery looks a bit bulging out, ie if you look at it in upper right corner there are +- signs where it connects to phone connectors.
1-2mm under these signs battery becomes "fat"
I can't remember if it was looking same way in the beginning, but I found photos of the battery , and it looks flat: (sorry but I dont know how to show the battery photo only)
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_6_79_78_77_80,searchweb201644_5,searchweb201560_9

Can someone look at his battery and confirm how flat is it?
Apologize that someone hasn't answered you sooner @restless .

I can't see how much it's bulging because there's no pic of it. Some batteries have what can look like bulging, but is just the shape of the cell. You should be able to tell if it looks unnatural.

For sure huge charging jumps like these are abnormal and likely indicate a problem with the charging system or the battery itself, but there's also an unlikely chance it's something to do with calibration.

How's your voltage reading when it reaches 100%? *and* also what does voltage read after taking it off the charger and running Antutu a couple of times?

Also how's your battery life in general?
I started an experiment - constantly turning 3G ON, to verify how long the battery will be alive, after charging to 100%

The result:
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

It was all fine until down to 40% and then BAM - phone off, after turning on it shows 1% charge :/
Battery voltage was 3.47V Sad

Later today I'll make photo of battery to compare if it had bulged

Any advices for good online shops to buy new battery?
My phone was bought during presales from Gearbest.
How much screen time are you getting. Please charge again and run a movie constantly is one way to do it.

Gearbest has the batteries for $10 or so.
photo of battery

I've had phones from Jiayu, THL, Tooky etc, and not a signle batter was "bulging" this way. I'm almost positive it wasn't like that when bought - tho no photos of course
Ordered a new battery, hopefully it will come quickly :/
Yea, that's not quite right. I've seen Mlais battery before, there are lines around the edges, but I don't think it was bulging out far like that. That's semi-goodnews, it means probably not a problem with the phone.
same thing happened with my battery, 6 months old. same symptoms, it started to swell and then it would charge to a 100% and then it would say 1% and shut down.

The only thing i could think did this was using a random charger and it might have output more voltage recommended therefore damaging the battery.

i order a new battery I hope this does not happen again.
(2016-02-10, 22:29)edson81 Wrote: [ -> ]same thing happened with my battery, 6 months old. same symptoms, it started to swell and then it would charge to a 100% and then it would say 1% and shut down.

The only thing i could think did this was using a random charger and it might have output more voltage recommended therefore damaging the battery.

This happens from time to time with many phones, even brands like Samsung. THL W200 had quite a few people had issues like this. You can Google swollen battery, happens fairly frequently.
(2016-02-11, 03:25)DirKNirK Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-10, 22:29)edson81 Wrote: [ -> ]same thing happened with my battery, 6 months old. same symptoms, it started to swell and then it would charge to a 100% and then it would say 1% and shut down.

This happens from time to time with many phones, even brands like Samsung. THL W200 had quite a few people had issues like this. You can Google swollen battery, happens fairly frequently.
I ll see how the new battery performs overtime. Thank you for the response.