www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: [NYTimes] Yahoo Restricts Ad-Blocking Software for Some Email Users
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yahoo Restricts Ad-Blocking Software for Some Email Users

Yahoo blocked some users from accessing their Yahoo email accounts unless they switched off their ad blockers, adding to the debate over ad blocking.

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/11/20...ail-users/
Love this. Good on you Yahoo.
... aaaand Yahoo drives the knife even deeper into their collective self-inflicted wound which bleeds users to other providers.

Smaller user base = less eyeballs = less "free" user content = Yahoo even more irrelevant = less AD revenue

I, for one, abandoned Yahoo's home page ages ago (as many have done), due to their cluttered advertising mess of sponsored articles and random junk. Google was simple, clean, and was not full of the "junk".

Now Yahoo intends on fixing their decline in ad revenue, due to the lack of homepage traffic, by replicating this tactic on their e-mail.

I'm a huge fan of Marissa Mayer (I'd marry her!! lol), but this is flat out the wrong move at the wrong time by the wrong company.

Signed,

Someone that has used Yahoo e-mail for a zillion years that will dump it permanently if annoyed.