www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Oukitel K4000 root?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Flickering
Did you guys experienced slight flickering when you are in lower brightness levels?
(2015-11-29, 18:13)tlkn Wrote: [ -> ]yeah you could try and flash stock boot.img from the recent Oukitel FOTA update package. if you cannot download it, here is the link.

I tried yesterday to do a flash boot boot.img and since, my phone don't boot...

Please HELP
(2015-11-30, 14:47)lililomgo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-29, 18:13)tlkn Wrote: [ -> ]yeah you could try and flash stock boot.img from the recent Oukitel FOTA update package. if you cannot download it, here is the link.

Please HELP

a bit off topic... I rooted phone and it worked and then I accepted official update from oukitel and now I see on boot screen: http://www.theandroidsoul.com/wp-content...ndroid.jpg Can you help me to deal with that?
(2015-11-30, 16:16)Tazovsky Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-30, 14:47)lililomgo Wrote: [ -> ]

Please HELP

a bit off topic... I rooted phone and it worked and then I accepted official update from oukitel and now I see on boot screen: http://www.theandroidsoul.com/wp-content...ndroid.jpg Can you help me to deal with that?
You probably won't be able to use the incremental OTA if you root. You will need to download the full OTA ROM or PC flash it.

If its stuck on that screen, hold power button for 15 seconds. It should power off, then turn it on again.
(2015-11-30, 17:08)MegaManX Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-30, 16:16)Tazovsky Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-30, 14:47)lililomgo Wrote: [ -> ]I tried yesterday to do a flash boot boot.img and since, my phone don't boot...

Please HELP

You probably won't be able to use the incremental OTA if you root. You will need to download the full OTA ROM or PC flash it.

If its stuck on that screen, hold power button for 15 seconds. It should power off, then turn it on again.

OK, do you know where can I faind that FULL ROM?
Il realy nées mt phone Android I can t starter it béa cause of the fastboot flash boot boot.img like said before
I can't moify my post so there is a REAL english version:
Il realy need my phone and I can t start it beacause of the "fastboot flash boot boot.img" like said before
Ok guys, it seems like I've missed on all the action here ;)

So, answers:

1. You can install FOTA on a rooted phone - proved by me and a few other members of another forum. Although, one guy got the No command screen, which is recovery splash screen. He admitted to tinkering with the firmware though. Anyway - you can have OTA updates, but you've got to be careful. And by careful I mean backup first. Use SP Flash Tool read back option for that. Even if your phone is currently not booting up - make a backup of it, just in case.

2. There is a working TWRP recovery for this phone now - you can [another forum it out[/url].

3. I've uploaded stock [another forum partitions[/url]. Did not divide them, so they can be easily flashed via Write Memory in SP Flash Tool with the starting address at 0x1d80000 (their total size is 0x2000000).
Do create a backup beforehand though, as the only one who tried it (a few times) was me, and sh*t seems to just work for me.

4. There is a way to create a ROM for the device. In fact, there is a way to create an SP Flash Tool ROM for any MT67** device without MTK Droid Tools. Which doesn't work with these SoC's even after patching boot.img for adb and root shell support anyway.
I've explained it [another forum here[/url].

5. As a summary to the above, you can unbrick your phones. What I just wrote should be enough, but you can also read my posts [another forum another forum] for even more useful information.

Use Google Translate. I know it can get tough. But you could've made it easy, having backed up your device in the first place Smiling
(2015-12-02, 13:16)tlkn Wrote: [ -> ]Ok guys, it seems like I've missed on all the action here ;)

So, answers:

1. You can install FOTA on a rooted phone - proved by me and a few other members of another forum. Although, one guy got the No command screen, which is recovery splash screen. He admitted to tinkering with the firmware though. Anyway - you can have OTA updates, but you've got to be careful. And by careful I mean backup first. Use SP Flash Tool read back option for that. Even if your phone is currently not booting up - make a backup of it, just in case.

2. There is a working TWRP recovery for this phone now - you can [another forum it out[/url].

3. I've uploaded stock [another forum partitions[/url]. Did not divide them, so they can be easily flashed via Write Memory in SP Flash Tool with the starting address at 0x1d80000 (their total size is 0x2000000).
Do create a backup beforehand though, as the only one who tried it (a few times) was me, and sh*t seems to just work for me.

4. There is a way to create a ROM for the device. In fact, there is a way to create an SP Flash Tool ROM for any MT67** device without MTK Droid Tools. Which doesn't work with these SoC's even after patching boot.img for adb and root shell support anyway.
I've explained it [another forum here[/url].

5. As a summary to the above, you can unbrick your phones. What I just wrote should be enough, but you can also read my posts [another forum another forum] for even more useful information.

Use Google Translate. I know it can get tough. But you could've made it easy, having backed up your device in the first place Smiling

I can t download TWRP recovery with your link it says error 404 file deleted
(2015-12-02, 22:45)lililomgo Wrote: [ -> ]I can t download TWRP recovery with your link it says error 404 file deleted
That's probably because you are not registered with the message board you are trying to download the file from. Come on, at least make some effort Smiling

Anyway, someone made you guys a giant favor and uploaded a folder with all the necessary stuff, including a ROM for this device, which they created in accordance with my instruction, using their own device.
There is at least one guy, who flashed this ROM and got his phone unbricked - in fact, he is the one, who messed it up with an OTA update.
And it will work for the rest of you, too - another dude, who had his preloader formatted, recovered it with my preloader.bin, and is about to flash above ROM soon, and I can foresee no problems with that.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5