www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: Rooting query
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys.. I got a new device.. Been trying to root it with king root/iroot/kingoroot...Nothing seems to work.. My device is flare x, mt6753 1.3ghz Android 5.1 64bit mali t720... I'd appreciate any help thanks. :-)
Do you have access to a computer as King root on pc has a better success rate just make sure you have right drivers and USB debugging on in your phone and your all good to go
(2015-11-29, 23:37)deanlee121 Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have access to a computer as King root on pc has a better success rate just make sure you have right drivers and USB debugging on in your phone and your all good to go

Yes.. I have access.. But it keeps on failing.. I tried vroot, kingo root and iroot as well.. All failed.. Mtkdroidtool doesnt seem to support mt6753
One click PC roots such as Kingroot vroot etc... Will not work with MT67xx and Lollipop. You must flash custom recovery and install SuperSU through that.
(2015-12-06, 18:27)cookiedough Wrote: [ -> ]One click PC roots such as Kingroot vroot etc... Will not work with MT67xx and Lollipop. You must flash custom recovery and install SuperSU through that.

How to flash a recovery for my device? Also it's not being detected by mtk droidtool
You will need to obtain the stock recovery and boot image and use those to port CWM or TWRP. You can also try a similar model custom recovery, but that is more risky.
(2015-12-06, 21:47)cookiedough Wrote: [ -> ]You will need to obtain the stock recovery and boot image and use those to port CWM or TWRP. You can also try a similar model custom recovery, but that is more risky.

I see.. Yeah.. Also how do i get the stock recovery and boot img of my device