www.chinaphonearena.com

Full Version: ThL w100 vs Blu quattro 4.5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Which one better for gaming? BOth of them have nearly the same specs, but blu quattro is tegra 3 quad core 1.5 ghz
quad core cortex A9 @ 1.5Ghz should beat the mtk chip by a huge lot. I'd be surprised if it was anywhere near as cheap as the W100. I'm seeing it listed at $200 and above (pretty good); there is some price difference...

I have seen some benchmarks that suggested the tegra 3 is less good than it theoretically should be... but those may be old benchmarks that understate scores. but with 1.5Ghz I really don't think there is much of a contest here.

mtk might have the advantage in battery and heat efficiency, although the Tegra also has one auxiliary core to save energy.

I don't know anything about the GPU, though.
The CPU in the MTK6589 will be more than fine for anything you do. The GPU will be the most important component for gaming.

Regardless, the Tegra 3 should be a step above the SGX544.

Also, the Haier W910 that Rdmkr mentioned does look like a good deal. I had been looking at old Antutu scores. So if 2100 WCDMA will suit you, it could be a good bargain. Not sure about LCD quality though.
I'd say the haier w910 looks good op paper, but I haven't seen it in action like I've seen the MTK, or heard nearly as many people's experiences of it. So I hesitate from recommending it fully to people, although looking into it can never hurt.

One issue is that it's hard to find reliable information on its GPU. From the few benchmarks I've seen, the performance is slightly below the Samsung GS3's Mali-400MP4 @ 400mhz chip. Which should be good enough for most purposes.

When my friend gets her Haier I hope to be able to say more.
I've seen videos of xolo q800 with mtk6589M reduced gpu play gamelofts high end games smoothy way better than tegra 3. Would thl w100 play even more SMOOTHLY since the gpu clock speed is faster and same qHD pixels?